Mack B Model Interior Paint

PPG/Ditzler paint code 40496 is for Mack Exterior green, not interior. interior green varies from B model to b model and the early B models before 1962 or so were more metallic. you would be better off removing a circle plate from the door or the backside of the glovebox door and take it with you to a paint shop and have them mix you up a custom color.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

PPG/Ditzler paint code 40496 is for Mack Exterior green, not interior. interior green varies from B model to b model and the early B models before 1962 or so were more metallic. you would be better off removing a circle plate from the door or the backside of the glovebox door and take it with you to a paint shop and have them mix you up a custom color.

That's what I was afraid of. That was a Midliner paint code that cross referenced to a Mack and a PPG number, thought it might be worth a shot.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I have both codes at the shop. IF I remember, I'll look them up and post. They will be a Sikkens number but is readily convertible to another paint vendor's number.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know where i can get interior mack green paint for my b model

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I found the post that Barry of Watts Mack posted back in October of 09 about what they are using for the interior's of the B-Model Macks. It's in the BMT Wiki Support Topics section that is if you want to use it instead of taking a faded or rusted part off your unit. Good luck

mike

PPG Omni Acrylic Enamel # MAE 45735

Profit Reading Number 1335