Buying A 2010 Mack Pinnacle Cxu613 Day Cab, Good Truck?

Im looking at buying a new 2010 Mack Pinnacle CXU613 Day Cab with MP8 engine @485 hp with 18 speed Fuller tranny.

Dont know anything about a Mack as I have other IH and Freightliners.

The price is good and its available now in my color and specs.

Is this a good truck? This is a pre urea engine, dealers as lots of them still in stock, why?

They are really willing to deal on this truck.

Appreciate your inputs.

Im looking at buying a new 2010 Mack Pinnacle CXU613 Day Cab with MP8 engine @485 hp with 18 speed Fuller tranny.

Is this a good truck? This is a pre urea engine, dealers as lots of them still in stock, why?

Appreciate your inputs.

(dealers has lots of them still in stock, why?) Wishfull thinking All dealers got lots in stock from what I see.

As good as anything else out there In my opinion!There aint nothin out there that I would call dependable or wouldnt be problematic with all the electric rubish on these now!We got electric power windows ,brakes, and now mufflers these days somthings bound to go wrong at some point.

Just my two bits worth.

i have been a mack lover since birth, if the dealership is good, a mack is the only way to go, but if not, its like being in love with a crackhoe, nothing but heart break @ dissapoinment. these days i would go with the best dealer

Can't help on the newer motors.

But i run a 2001 CX. Set back axle gives you great maneuverability. Plenty of glass for vision, plenty of glass to let sun/heat in. Get windows tinted some. Layout of dash is nice. Gauges/switches easy to see/reach. post-4436-044930700 1281384826_thumb.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Appreciate your inputs.

They now have most of the bugs worked out, the main problem was the copper injector cups and now with the new stainless steel injector cups and redesigned injectors the problem is hopefully fixed for good! I am putting the new style cups in a 2010 GU with a MP8 485HP with 16,000 miles on it. Most cups will last longer but this one didnt! I say go for it!

• 4 weeks later...