Bikes And Boots

other dog

I was looking through many photo albums for a picture a while ago and found these of some motorcycles I used to have. I'd had a couple of Hondas,a 360 and a 500, and sold the 500 and bought the red 750 Kawasaki. I later traded it in on the black 1000 Kawasaki. It was an '80 or '81 model,and it was also like riding a small rocket! That was my gold colored '70 model Buick Skylark in the one picture too.

But I noticed the boots I was wearing in the other picture,which was taken around '84 or '85. I still have those boots and they still fit like a glove. Bought them at the 76 Truckstop in Elkton,Md. because I liked the looks of them. They are Texas brand,made in the USA,and I believe I paid $39.95 for them. Only thing wrong with them is scratches where the cat used them for a scratching post one time.

This is what they look like today.

The bike pictures suck because my scanner quit working and it's hard to take a picture of a picture without getting a glare or something.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I was looking through many photo albums for a picture a while ago and found these of some motorcycles I used to have. I'd had a couple of Hondas,a 360 and a 500, and sold the 500 and bought the red 750 Kawasaki. I later traded it in on the black 1000 Kawasaki. It was an '80 or '81 model,and it was also like riding a small rocket! That was my gold colored '70 model Buick Skylark in the one picture too.

But I noticed the boots I was wearing in the other picture,which was taken around '84 or '85. I still have those boots and they still fit like a glove. Bought them at the 76 Truckstop in Elkton,Md. because I liked the looks of them. They are Texas brand,made in the USA,and I believe I paid $39.95 for them. Only thing wrong with them is scratches where the cat used them for a scratching post one time.

This is what they look like today.

The bike pictures suck because my scanner quit working and it's hard to take a picture of a picture without getting a glare or something.

Have you seen that Redneck Comedy Tour where they go through a bunch of old pictures at the end of the show? There's the one of Jeff Foxworthy posing in a full body orange jumpsuit on top of a car,...that's kind of what I was expecting to see here. Suprising how some stuff lasts and the memories you attach to it.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I thought he was going to brag on his professional riding skills. In saying he could ride a bike roman style, like the Gladiators in Rome did with horses.

Those boots just need alittle barn yard mud on them and that would cure the scratches. :lol:

mike

Have you seen that Redneck Comedy Tour where they go through a bunch of old pictures at the end of the show? There's the one of Jeff Foxworthy posing in a full body orange jumpsuit on top of a car,...that's kind of what I was expecting to see here. Suprising how some stuff lasts and the memories you attach to it.

I had a lime green jumpsuit,but sold it a yard sale in 1988. Got $10 for it though,more than enough for 2 cases of Ballentine at the time.

Best way to take a picture of a picture is to angle the camera so the flash is not reflected causing glare. It works pretty good but you have to take a few before you get the angle right.

yeah,I took them outside so the flash wouldn't go off,but still deleted about 10 before I got tired of fooling with it and got one I could use!

Went to Rustburg a while ago to get some "Bone Sucking Sauce" at Long Mountain Grocery. Only place around that has it. Lost a million dollars though,because I bet Jo a million that they'd be closed on Sunday. Took a picture of this Triumph while I was there, as i've always thought it was a great looking bike.

I wish i'd gotten a picture of what we saw coming north on 501 as we were coming home though-a Marmon motor home! Kinda like the R-model,but it was a Marmon,kind of rare to see anymore in itself, much less a motorhome. Even had a 4-wheeler behing it on a tow bar.

Always heard the same. P.L's. here.

I'd only ever seen cabovers until these photos. Never did like the looks of them, (cabovers) but these seem to be somewhat appealing. I understand they were built in Texas someplace by a seemingly private firm?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'd only ever seen cabovers until these photos. Never did like the looks of them, (cabovers) but these seem to be somewhat appealing. I understand they were built in Texas someplace by a seemingly private firm?

Rob

Garland,Texas comes to mind. The blue one reminds me of an IH 42 or 4300 cab,don't know if it is. Some of the later Marmons looked a lot like a T800 KW.

Garland,Texas comes to mind. The blue one reminds me of an IH 42 or 4300 cab,don't know if it is. Some of the later Marmons looked a lot like a T800 KW.

Hey tom, was the motorhome you saw a cabover?? i went to MarmonTrucks.com and clicked on "projects" the first thing that came up was pictures/story about building a motorhome,neat thing is that they built the motorhome part out of an old/wrecked 28FT. freight box!....kinda neat, check it out if you get a chance............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Rob

I don't know all that much about marmons, but i always wondered if they had anything to do with marmon/herrington that did 4X4 conversions on vendor supplied vehicles, mainly fords as i recall.............Mark

I don't know all that much about marmons, but i always wondered if they had anything to do with marmon/herrington that did 4X4 conversions on vendor supplied vehicles, mainly fords as i recall.............Mark

Same company and still making axles and transfer cases. The Orange 6x6 Granite at last years Macungie had a Marmon Herrington front drive axle.

Also every Marmon was hand built to order. Allot of quality went into those trucks.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Same company and still making axles and transfer cases. The Orange 6x6 Granite at last years Macungie had a Marmon Herrington front drive axle.

Also every Marmon was hand built to order. Allot of quality went into those trucks.

Thats what i always heard, i never saw two exactly alike, with the exception of a small fleet in pennsylvania,they had quite a few of the later models that kinda' looked like a T-800 KW, set back steer axle, integral sleeper etc. i still see one occasionaly............Mark