Still Waitin'...

other dog

Tom,

Are you saving metal cans for Rob, inhopes of him dropping in during his return home? I can tell ya that it's going to take more than that, so hurry up and get ta drinkin. He might be somewhere around the Ashville exit, bout now, off I-40. :lol:

mike :pat:

for Rob to call. But Ithink he's shunning me.

ROB'S GOING TO NEED THE DEPOSIT MONEY FROM THEM CANS SO HE CAN GET FUEL FOR BOTH TANK, SO HE DONT RUN OUT.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

yeah,was going cheaper...now i'm going to bed

Tom,

It's only 10:10 p.m. here and i'm having to go get IceCream with the g/f. It's too early to go to bed now. Bed is for old folks, haven't you always heard that from a kid growing up? I'll let ya know how good the icecream was tomorrow.

mike

I think GG2 and I are on the same page. Surely Rob can get home without us taking up a collection for him. Hey Hatcity, think we can get Rob a oneway ticket for Disneyland?

mike

He already treats his body like an amusement park. Why does he need to go anywhere else?

Disneyland or world? make it land, we don't want his type here in SSF (already enough weirdos)

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

:lol::lol::lol: Hatcity, if that don't stir him up alittle then he must be sleeping the trip off by now. Tom and Rob have been ignoring each other this week. I would guess that Rob stopped by Tom's place this morning to check out the paint job on Miss Becky. Or Rob is fertilizing Tom's garden by peeing on it.

Hey Mark.....I would not show a photo of that good looking hotdog ya got there cause Rob loves those little weiners to. Haven't you ever heard of The RoadKill Cafe. That is on the menu at Rob's Cafe.

Cute Dog makes me want a dog to guard my ole B Model.

mike

Naw, not shunning anybody. Just got home from work. Didn't get to see Tom, or anyone else on Friday as planned. 1/2 hour after finishing class I get a call from my boss asking if I can fly home quickly due to radar equipment failure. He will pay for the flight, and mileage on the car for Momma and daughter to drive home. This is once again your tax dollars at work. I left Raleigh at 13:20 and arrived at Chicago little over 1.5 hours later. Jumped on another regional jet, (American Eagle) and headed to Peoria. I then grabbed my service truck and headed to the radar site. Only took about three hours to get it back on the air with one channel, but the second one was a bit of a challenge. Ordered a high voltage power supply, (145,000 VDC) and had it "hot shot" delivered from Oklahoma City this morning. After installation and tweaking, all is normal.

Got to spend some time with a couple of members of the board but didn't get to finish the second 1/2 of the trip. May get an advance class furthering the knowlege base at the same facility next year but don't know for sure yet.

Damn, the dog in the pocket sure looks good. Little Tabasco sauce and onions and it would be just about perfect.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Naw, not shunning anybody. Just got home from work. Didn't get to see Tom, or anyone else on Friday as planned. 1/2 hour after finishing class I get a call from my boss asking if I can fly home quickly due to radar equipment failure. He will pay for the flight, and mileage on the car for Momma and daughter to drive home. This is once again your tax dollars at work. I left Raleigh at 13:20 and arrived at Chicago little over 1.5 hours later. Jumped on another regional jet, (American Eagle) and headed to Peoria. I then grabbed my service truck and headed to the radar site. Only took about three hours to get it back on the air with one channel, but the second one was a bit of a challenge. Ordered a high voltage power supply, (145,000 VDC) and had it "hot shot" delivered from Oklahoma City this morning. After installation and tweaking, all is normal.

Got to spend some time with a couple of members of the board but didn't get to finish the second 1/2 of the trip. May get an advance class furthering the knowlege base at the same facility next year but don't know for sure yet.

Damn, the dog in the pocket sure looks good. Little Tabasco sauce and onions and it would be just about perfect.

Rob

Rob, That is what makes life interesting. To have a job that can call on us any time day or night, vacation or whatever. I'm in the same boat as you. Me and the g/f flew down to a new resturant in a small town in Tennessee. We left KJWN about 22:38Z and they were waiting on us at the airport. Me and the g/f got to drive a new BMW SRV to the resturant. We had a meal to kill for and was treated like royalty. We drove back to the airport and while I was doing my preflight check I get a call from work that an alarm was going off in the microfish room for our Archives dept. I let the hammer down in the Arrow with luck of a tailwind for some luck and air or Density Altitude was 3,000 and using most of 5,000 ft. runway at 87 VY...thats best rate of climb. I remember 159 knots. and get back in less than 30 minutes. We get to the building only to reset the alarm and find nothing else wrong with the system. So you and I know about dedication to the job. Then I take the g/f home and I went to mine an got in bed after midnight only to get a call this morning from the security guard needing me to come down to the building. Someone dropped a set of keys down the elevator shaft and guess who had to go down in the pit to get them. Took about 5 minutes of time and back home I go. Isn't life fun?

mike :D

Rob, That is what makes life interesting. To have a job that can call on us any time day or night, vacation or whatever. I'm in the same boat as you. Me and the g/f flew down to a new resturant in a small town in Tennessee. We left KJWN about 22:38Z and they were waiting on us at the airport. Me and the g/f got to drive a new BMW SRV to the resturant. We had a meal to kill for and was treated like royalty. We drove back to the airport and while I was doing my preflight check I get a call from work that an alarm was going off in the microfish room for our Archives dept. I let the hammer down in the Arrow with luck of a tailwind for some luck and air or Density Altitude was 3,000 and using most of 5,000 ft. runway at 87 VY...thats best rate of climb. I remember 159 knots. and get back in less than 30 minutes. We get to the building only to reset the alarm and find nothing else wrong with the system. So you and I know about dedication to the job. Then I take the g/f home and I went to mine an got in bed after midnight only to get a call this morning from the security guard needing me to come down to the building. Someone dropped a set of keys down the elevator shaft and guess who had to go down in the pit to get them. Took about 5 minutes of time and back home I go. Isn't life fun?

mike :D

Gonna be interesting to see how they "fudge" the time sheet to pay for overtime travel on both Friday, and Saturday, to the same person conveying in two different sources of transport, on the same day during the same hours!! Momma, and Nikki drove home on both days, (sleeping now) and that time was already allocated/approved. The flight thing was out of the blue. All of the travel time for myself on the return trip is encompassed within a normal work day but Saturday is pure overtime as is anything past my 3:30pm work stoppage time on Friday. I didn't leave work on Friday, (Saturday afternoon) until almost 1:30pm, and there are a lot of hours requiring premium compensation. This will really get the bean counters screaming!!

There are currently two trainees in beginning classes for this old girl. Think I'm the only person within 500 miles with the credentials to actually work on the thing that is older than me by about four years. It is scheduled to be replaced/upgraded in 2013 but we will see........

I get called to the site several times a year to simply reset and alarm, lockout condition, dropped channel..... Many times there is nothing actually wrong with the equipment. It is the ancillary garbage attached that is troublesome. In a single digitizing machine there are seven processors talking to one another at all times. A simple "glitch" and it goes silent and no more radar coverage. To top it off, this is early 1970's technology working, (remember 8088 Motorola processors)?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,.....how would you like it if you were not compensated? I work for a nonprofit office building and would rather not say who we are cause of only ten years left and probably for real only have 5 years left before I get the axe.

mike

We've been down that avenue before. I've been eligible to retire for five full years now. Every goal that matters in my life has been reached. All I need is a single good reason and I'll move along.

Been trying to get people trained but the management structure is not conducive to employee retention. This coupled with a pay scale never achieving compensation like us "old timers", does not help matters..

It's a mess to say the least.

Rob

Just left Other Dog at a truckstop in Bloomington, IL. I couldn't meet him at his place so he was headed towards a delivery that took him within 65 miles of mine so we met up this afternoon.

Nice to meet him.

Rob