Whatayasay?

2 haitian gentleman approached me today and asked if they could look at my superliner dump 1987. I said ok but dont touch anything in the cab. They had me open the hood and they checked it out and were surprised how nice the truck was and it was cold inside also. The stereo was playing a tobey kieth song i think and they had no idea what was up with that. they asked me if i would sell it and i asked what their plans were first before i answered them. they said it was going to be shipped to haiti to work on the earth quake. I started picturing 5 haitians trying to figure out how to start and stop this thing and most of all how to shift the 12 speed air shifter :wacko: after a couple of minutes, i gave them my card and said call me later that i will think about it.

so in the end whatayado??

2 haitian gentleman approached me today and asked if they could look at my superliner dump 1987. I said ok but dont touch anything in the cab. They had me open the hood and they checked it out and were surprised how nice the truck was and it was cold inside also. The stereo was playing a tobey kieth song i think and they had no idea what was up with that. they asked me if i would sell it and i asked what their plans were first before i answered them. they said it was going to be shipped to haiti to work on the earth quake. I started picturing 5 haitians trying to figure out how to start and stop this thing and most of all how to shift the 12 speed air shifter :wacko: after a couple of minutes, i gave them my card and said call me later that i will think about it.

so in the end whatayado??

Laugh maniacally at them?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

few years back, dump trucke were stolen left and right. many found working dirt in miami area .Sure you remember that dunny. I guess now the scam involves haiti quake work

Insurance company PAID for an alarm system including install for my truck. Scum was also stealing aluminum wheels from trucks just so they had them.

Oh yeah, haitians come to yard sales, offer 50 cents for anything then toss stuff around while "looking"

While I'm at it, don't trust old people either. they steal and claim Alzheimers.

BTW- dunny, have you considered building up your box for hurricane work? Couple local guys built to carry 47 yds. One put it together quick and now has it rewelded and sitting in his yard just in case.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

few years back, dump trucke were stolen left and right. many found working dirt in miami area .Sure you remember that dunny. I guess now the scam involves haiti quake work

Insurance company PAID for an alarm system including install for my truck. Scum was also stealing aluminum wheels from trucks just so they had them.

Oh yeah, haitians come to yard sales, offer 50 cents for anything then toss stuff around while "looking"

While I'm at it, don't trust old people either. they steal and claim Alzheimers.

BTW- dunny, have you considered building up your box for hurricane work? Couple local guys built to carry 47 yds. One put it together quick and now has it rewelded and sitting in his yard just in case.

I have thought of this and would have to follow a truck like yours arund to get loaded. The problem is if these guys are for real they offered be way more than the truck is worth and work is so slow i might call them on it! As it goes i have some work for next week but have not worked with that truck for 2 weeks prior. I am going to see what happens. I am having trouble letting go with that truck to a country like that. It is a real cool truck and i have worked my but off getting everthing to work on it if ya know what i mean

post-6119-000714300 1279461111_thumb.jpg

offered MORE than it's worth?

I will send a check for $75,000(US). please to return overage in the amount of $50,000

It is in pleasing to do business with you.

Truck like that would be trashed in two days there. You spent alot of time and money to get it right. Unless it has problems, I would hold on to it as long as you can.

Yep, dirt work is very slow. Just holding the truck is expensive. There is a fine line that at some point you have to call it.

Regarding hurricane work, I loaded three dump truck when in Texas after Ike. I pretty much moved a little all day. made same money as them, but less fuel used. I got 20-25% of the ticket.

If you are thinking about it, I already have a commitment from one company. Pretty much as soon as the winds die down, check house and family, check truck, fire it up and go. LOCAL only.

Too old for chasing them.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

offered MORE than it's worth?

I will send a check for $75,000(US). please to return overage in the amount of $50,000

It is in pleasing to do business with you.

Truck like that would be trashed in two days there. You spent alot of time and money to get it right. Unless it has problems, I would hold on to it as long as you can.

Yep, dirt work is very slow. Just holding the truck is expensive. There is a fine line that at some point you have to call it.

Regarding hurricane work, I loaded three dump truck when in Texas after Ike. I pretty much moved a little all day. made same money as them, but less fuel used. I got 20-25% of the ticket.

If you are thinking about it, I already have a commitment from one company. Pretty much as soon as the winds die down, check house and family, check truck, fire it up and go. LOCAL only.

Too old for chasing them.

sounds like a plan. I probably will have work as long there is someone with a pile of CASH to buy the truck. I have a couple of flatbed trailers w/piggyback fork lifts that i use,but that business is slow also. see at www.buddystransport.com

I have seen these HA MON guys in action. Two years ago i called a guy in NY State that had a 762 Brockway with a V 12 for sale he wanted $25,000 cash, well these two show up about 5 min. before me with brown bag cash, whip out 25,000 cash,send a 20 ft. container the next day! They had to take the bumper, fenders & stack off too get it in the frigin thing! Now your talkin about a 3 mpg. truck goin to a place where fuel is how much???? BULLHUSK. PS I'M STILL PISSED OFF ABOUT THAT SHIT

I don't know about the earthquake situation, but i have a friend who works for a driveaway company that delivers new trucks to customers, he took one of the 3 trucks down to new orleans that MACK donated to the city after hurricane katrina, (2 granite dump trucks and a roll-off) before he got on the plane to come home, his cell rang, had to go back and check on the truck he had just delivered.........seems the "victims" had burned the roll-off cab and chassis to the ground! so much for being thankful! he said it was still smoking when he got back!................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No way in hell I'd let that truck go overseas.

my brother said it would be unamerican to let that icon of a mack truck to leave the states. After a little thought (10 seconds) i think ya'll are right . That nice truck would have chickens and cow shit all over it. And just to think what smell in the cab would be from the steering wheel holder, Whew!! :pat:

this is the new steering whell turner mun!

post-6119-025946700 1279485811_thumb.jpg

Edited by dunny

If you don't like the buyer or the future of your truck then tell them to keep looking. No law to stop you.

But one thing I will say is many of those guys from 3rd world nations wont run them into the ground. They paid good money and they intend to keep the truck running and in decent shape. I saw a picture of a Volvo that had a cab fire but the owner kept running it. It was too precious to let it go. Mack is a very popular brand in many 3rd world nations. Even they know a good truck when they see one. I would rather they leave this country and keep on truckin in another instead of getting chopped up in the crusher and shipped to Korea and China. Too many great rigs have met that fate here because they were simply "old", taking up space or someone needed some quick cash.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

If you guys go on the Brockway site you can still see this truck for sale just go back about 18 m0nths or so and you'll see a geeen Brockway tractor I think it says Nonies or somethin like that the truck went to Jamaica BULLHUSK

HEY BULL HUSK.

I CAN REMEMBER WHAT YOUR TALKIN ABOUT, BUT DONT REMEMBER WHERE I HEARD IT.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Just to add some fuel to the fire. Here are two fine Mack's for sale. An awesome DM with an E9 and 65 rears and a sweet RM 6x6. Now look at the name of the sales company.

http://www.truckpape...D=2441130&dlr=1

http://www.truckpape...D=2386360&dlr=1

Sigh....

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!