Convert To Electronic Ignition

anyone out their had any experience with converting the points in the distributor in a 50's mack to the electronic modeul that fits inside distr. cap ?

:SMOKIE-LFT:

I haven't done a Mack,since my EH stock system works well,but I'm thinking it's pretty likely the distributor is made by one of about 3 companies-Motorcraft,Delco Remy,or Motorola,so the thing I'd do is Contact Jacobs Ignitions and see if they offer one for your distributor. If they don't list it,there'll probably be one for something else that uses the same points and cap-n-rotor that can be used. I imagine the rotation on the electronic units will be a factor,so that may figure into it. I know Jacobs has a pretty good rep for quality and being helpful at finding the right stuff.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I have used Pertronix aftermarket ignition conversions sucessfully in Studebakers and older Oldsmobiles.

The Studes had either Delco Remy, Autolite or Prestolite ignitions.

You might send them an email through their website with the type of distributor you have.

David

I have used Pertronix aftermarket ignition conversions sucessfully in Studebakers and older Oldsmobiles.

The Studes had either Delco Remy, Autolite or Prestolite ignitions.

You might send them an email through their website with the type of distributor you have.

Peretronix is a good convercion unit,I've converted both my '41 Chevy 3/4 ton and my '63 Corvan to it with no problems.., One 6 volt and the other 12 volt. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE