Pre-81 Mack Info Being Deleted Off Dealer Systems Soon

While at the local Mack dealer today, one of my buddies behind the counter (that usually groan when I walk in) told me that Mack is updating the system and that any chassis info before 1980 or 81 or so would no longer be searchable. He said they were supposed to get a CD with the older truck info on it. If anyone has any more information, please chime in. I'd like to get a copy of the CD myself just in case. I can't see anyone finding it in 5 years.

While at the local Mack dealer today, one of my buddies behind the counter (that usually groan when I walk in) told me that Mack is updating the system and that any chassis info before 1980 or 81 or so would no longer be searchable. He said they were supposed to get a CD with the older truck info on it. If anyone has any more information, please chime in. I'd like to get a copy of the CD myself just in case. I can't see anyone finding it in 5 years.

I've heard the information is suppossed to be released to dealers on an Impact DVD release also. I'm not sure how far back it will go or if it will be available to customers.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That info on the older Macks is being deleted because the V*lv* people don't realize that there are lots of old Macks still working, unlike that junk that V*lv* has been building all those years, which has undoubtedly all been scrapped long ago. Hell, those V*lv*s were junk the minute they were driven off the dealer's lot.

• Like 1

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

if they dont want to maintain it anymore, at least they could release the copyright and allow others to put the information up for anyone to use.

dont know who you approach there, though . . . . . but i bet google would be willing to put it all online for free . . . .

:SMOKIE-LFT:

That info on the older Macks is being deleted because the V*lv* people don't realize that there are lots of old Macks still working, unlike that junk that V*lv* has been building all those years, which has undoubtedly all been scrapped long ago. Hell, those V*lv*s were junk the minute they were driven off the dealer's lot.

:SMOKIE-LFT: A V*lv* is so worthless wonce it's driven of the lot that V*lv* dosen't even want it back. That says something about there junk if they won't even take it on trade even if you were buying a new one. They don't want to keep old stuff running because it doesn't sell new ones or so they think, they want to make North America just like Europe where a really old hiway truck is over 3 yrs old, that's not even enough to break it in over here let alone wear it out, let alone pay for the dam thing with trucking rates as rediculiously cheap as they. I say to V*lv* and Mercedes who is Freightliner and Western Star, that if things were so good in Europe and they want to make us like them that they should have stayed there and let us keep our good North American made iron.

I HOPE IM WRONG BUT ONCE AGAIN IT LOOKS LIKE V%$*O IS TRYING PUT Mack IN THE GRAVE YARD LIKE THEY ALMOST DONE TO AutoCar.

& Wont be happy till they do it. I've said before the :mack1: Titan looks too much like a V@&*O VHD.

I HOPE & PRAY If folks around here in the Memphis Area for the older :mack1:'s that hopfully We can get them from Barry & the Parts dept. @ Watts. Way too many DM'S R MODEL & MR MODELS RUNNING AROUND HERE.

Herb is right V*&%O WAS CRAP WHEN THEY DROVE OFF THE LOT NEW !! Ya dont see as many older v@%$&o's as ya do :SMOKIE-LFT:'s on the road say after 40 to 50 yrs .

but i'm just sayin yall....

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 2 weeks later...

I HOPE IM WRONG BUT ONCE AGAIN IT LOOKS LIKE V%$*O IS TRYING PUT Mack IN THE GRAVE YARD LIKE THEY ALMOST DONE TO AutoCar.

& Wont be happy till they do it. I've said before the :mack1: Titan looks too much like a V@&*O VHD.

I HOPE & PRAY If folks around here in the Memphis Area for the older :mack1:'s that hopfully We can get them from Barry & the Parts dept. @ Watts. Way too many DM'S R MODEL & MR MODELS RUNNING AROUND HERE.

Herb is right V*&%O WAS CRAP WHEN THEY DROVE OFF THE LOT NEW !! Ya dont see as many older v@%$&o's as ya do :SMOKIE-LFT:'s on the road say after 40 to 50 yrs .

but i'm just sayin yall....

Later yall

:mack1:

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Just a thought;

I haven't done much research on the subject,but when Harley was playing the same kinda sh** as these fools are,didn't a bunch of employees rally their collective resources and buy it back from AMF? Also,when Triumph was down,I believe IT was bought and revived by private investors and employees. Maybe such a thing as this could be arranged for :mack1: ,get it back in the hands of people who CARE about the Bulldog's health and happiness.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Like a VHD? I thought it looked more like a Tonka toy.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"