Got this givin to us last night, It was used as a water truck for the local MX/flat track speedway up till i would say 10 years ago (know they havnt used it in 7 years anyway) when they got a smaller truck thats easyer to drive/move, The club said as long as it disappears there happy. It has no/very little rust on the fenders and hood, could use a cab has a custom back window, some holes and couple nice rust holes below the windshields. back half of the frame i would call junk. looks like it has had its share of cracks and repairs, really rusty from the water tank too. Year we are unsure of right now, they think its a 1953, Mack diesel, Mack duplex trans. (5X2)

009-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

Congratulations! :dwave:

That's a lot of truck for the money. :thumb:

With a little work you should be able to get it running.

Northing's impossible, if necessary you can cut the rusty frame off and weld on a rear section from another truck.

You can just clean the truck up and paint it with a brush or give it a total restoration. Either way, it'll look great because it's a B model Mack. :SMOKIE-LFT:

Glad to see it go to a good home.

I'm surprised to see that truck "given" to someone as many times as it was listed on ebay a year or so back.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Congratulations and thanks for taking it home and thanks to those people that had enough respect for the MACK to give it away instead of sending it to the Boneyard. Just take your time to restore it the way you want it and hopefully we can be of some help to you.

mike :SMOKIE-LFT:

this one was never on ebay, not many prople knew about it and those that do could care less about it. it dont have a title it was givin to that club to use sometime in the late 60's to mid 70's possibly, file for lost title and go from there. Need to put tires on it before it goes anywhere though, i bet they are close to 35-40 years old. Need to check the miles on it next time im out there, might not have a huge amount. not sure what we will do with it, Know the floor is rusted out too, It will get some kinda paint on it soon after it gets home, its a very ugly paint job, Mostlikly spend $20 at walmart on there cheep grey primer just to cover that pinkish red and white miss match job up so it sont look terible.

Edited by 1955 kw bullnose

From one of the picures posted I see the plate on the passenger side door. Get the serial # off it and send it to the Mack museum to see what year it actually is.That same # is stamped into the rh side frame rail under the fender area too, among other places. Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get filthy!

Went out lookin for numbers, all we found was chassis number B61 T 6227, anyone here know what year that would make it? cant get to the frame rail till its out of the shed, Floor in the cab is rusted out and one spot behind the cab, 3 bad rust spots in the cab and some holes that were drilled into the roof of the cab. no to very minor rust on the hood, fenders, grill, firewall, motor, and front 1/2 of frame. very clean.