Major Change

Double L

What are starting, the 5 or 6 year college plan. Oh thats right, Big Daddy Obama is payin fer yer scoolin

Some day you will pull over some guy like Rowdy. Careful, he has MORE ammo than you

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

What are starting, the 5 or 6 year college plan. Oh thats right, Big Daddy Obama is payin fer yer scoolin

Some day you will pull over some guy like Rowdy. Careful, he has MORE ammo than you

That's prolly more true than you'd want to believe. :lol:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I decided I'm gonna stick with my current program since I'm already half way through in 4 weeks. I don't feel like going to school an extra year.

I'm offended by your comment Hatcity, I bust my ass off at school. I don't waste it partying and getting drunk all the time like every other college student in America.

I decided I'm gonna stick with my current program since I'm already half way through in 4 weeks. I don't feel like going to school an extra year.

I'm offended by your comment Hatcity, I bust my ass off at school. I don't waste it partying and getting drunk all the time like every other college student in America.

I don't think the comment was meant as you took it but rather to "rattle your cage". Seems it was effective. Everybody here likes you and is "rooting" for your continued success in the workplace.

Nothing wrong with getting a dig into our current "public aid administrator" though. Hell, you don't need to work for an income, It will be provided for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for you support Rob.

LL, where you been? Used to be posterboy for post whore j/k

Just messin with ya. Some people DO take 6,7, 10 years to leave college. some have a degree, some don't.

All BS aside, how did you make out with that broker job thing? Is that the company you pratice backing at?

Speaking of "public aid" i hope the gov't makes good use of the friggin check I had to write today

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

... Everybody here likes you and is "rooting" for your continued success in the workplace....

unless, of course, he becomes a DOT inspector. I don't wish success on ANY of 'em, because for them to succeed, drivers usually get raped. :thumbsdown:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

unless, of course, he becomes a DOT inspector. I don't wish success on ANY of 'em, because for them to succeed, drivers usually get raped. thumbsdown.gif

I'll bet if he became a DOT inspector, He'd be "rooted out".

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think to become a DOT inspector in the state of Illinois you got to be a state trooper and my asthma won't allow it.

I been working my tail off. Freight is picking up for sure. Yeah that is where I did my backing

I found a 94-96 FLD120 flat top sleeper for sale for $7,000. I'm gonna stop by Friday and see what I can find out about it and maybe take it for a test drive. I already know the company I'm at will let me lease it on to them it's just a matter of finding the money to buy the truck. But if it doesn't have a recent overhaul or any tranny/rear end work done to it I'm gonna pass it up. It must have a current DOT inspection since I noticed a 2010 IFTA sticker on it.

Here is a pic of it.

post-3973-127130019679_thumb.jpg

I think to become a DOT inspector in the state of Illinois you got to be a state trooper and my asthma won't allow it.

I been working my tail off. Freight is picking up for sure. Yeah that is where I did my backing

I found a 94-96 FLD120 flat top sleeper for sale for $7,000. I'm gonna stop by Friday and see what I can find out about it and maybe take it for a test drive. I already know the company I'm at will let me lease it on to them it's just a matter of finding the money to buy the truck. But if it doesn't have a recent overhaul or any tranny/rear end work done to it I'm gonna pass it up. It must have a current DOT inspection since I noticed a 2010 IFTA sticker on it.

Here is a pic of it.

I would thing something with that kind of length would be serve someone with a lot of road time experience. No disrespect meant but that truck is going to be tough to turn dragging a lengthy trailer. I think I'd start out in something shorter.

Looks like a nice tractor and probably worth the money but I don't like such a long wheelbase.

Just my thoughts.

Rob

Actually it's not really that long at all. It's about the same length as our system trucks which are the otr drivers. The only problem with leasing it on with the company I'm with now is my age since I'm not 21 yet. They will most definitely lease the truck on not a problem at all. But I got to save the money up to buy it first or work out a payment plan but I want to see what they say on Friday about the maintenance history before I go any further with it and maybe take it out for a test drive.

Stepped in a pile of gravy today...here's how I spent most of it... DoubleL needs a job like this, it'll improve the backin up garbage in a hurry.

Picture quality is sub-par due to camera on phone.

post-1977-127136754745_thumb.jpg

post-1977-127136758372_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Actually it's not really that long at all. It's about the same length as our system trucks which are the otr drivers. The only problem with leasing it on with the company I'm with now is my age since I'm not 21 yet. They will most definitely lease the truck on not a problem at all. But I got to save the money up to buy it first or work out a payment plan but I want to see what they say on Friday about the maintenance history before I go any further with it and maybe take it out for a test drive.

Where are you planning on finding a driver?yrs. exp? record? rate of pay?maint. costs and who does it? workers Comp!!!

Alot more to it than just buying the truck.

I applaud your desire to get a truck but these are questions you really need to answer to see if it will work.

Well that deal fell through big time on the 94 Freightliner FLD. The fact it doesn't have an overhaul or any rear or trans work done on it is a deal breaker for me. I can't see spending $7,000 now just to spend $15,000 in a few more months.

I found an 87 Freightliner FLC with a fresh overhaul and I mean FRESH with no miles on it along with that they also had the fuel lines and fuel tanks cleaned and replaced. My previous employer owns it and it's been sitting for the past 3 years. Sure it'll need tires on it but it's a clean truck. They are gonna talk it over and go from there. This truck isn't being advertised at all and I may be able to get it for cheap.

Hatcity I'm gonna be the one driving it and I plan on leasing it with the carrier I'm with now, yes they let me lease something that old on with them. Since I got a year until I'm 21 I got a chance to actually save up money and not rushed to do it either. Here are a few pics of the 87 Freightliner. Yes the 467,842 miles should be original miles. I think when it was Trans Petro they ran only a few states with mostly local work. I'm not sure how they operated but I got a good feeling those are the original miles on that truck.

post-3973-127140988079_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127140991022_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127140992493_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127140996463_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127140998239_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127140999777_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127141010179_thumb.jpg

post-3973-12714101273_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127141015792_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127141016675_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127141017776_thumb.jpg

post-3973-127141018901_thumb.jpg