Mack 1000 V8 Pics Or Info Wanted!

I'm looking for any info and, or pictures of the Mack ENDT1000 V8. It is basically is an E9

V8 with no air to air cooler. I have some pictures to proove this in an old E9 overhaul manual.

My Dad has seen two of these. Both were in R700 or RD700 dump trucks. So as not get any one confused

this is not an ENDT865-866 or an E9 but looks just like an E9 except for the cross over intake

manifold runs strait to the turbo like the 865-866 rather than through an air to air cooler like an E9. It was designated the ENDT1000 for being 998 cu. in., it produced 350 HP., and was a 4 vavle unlike the old 2 valve V8s. I would like to find out what year

these were produced, what model of trucks the were put in, and how many were made before being switched

to the E9 400. I will post the picures of what the intake looks like in a few days to show

the difference between the 1000 and E9. Have any of you seen one before? It might sound a bit strange

but it did exist for a short while and is extremely rare. Again to look at it you would think

it was an E9, but if you look closely it has a different intake system. I know 865s and E9s very

well and the 1000 is neither, but again it looks almost exactly like an E9. I would greatly appreciate

any further info you might have on this engine or any pictures. Thanks again for your help, Josh. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

I'm looking for any info and, or pictures of the Mack ENDT1000 V8. It is basically is an E9

V8 with no air to air cooler. I have some pictures to proove this in an old E9 overhaul manual.

My Dad has seen two of these. Both were in R700 or RD700 dump trucks. So as not get any one confused

this is not an ENDT865-866 or an E9 but looks just like an E9 except for the cross over intake

manifold runs strait to the turbo like the 865-866 rather than through an air to air cooler like an E9. It was designated the ENDT1000 for being 998 cu. in., it produced 350 HP., and was a 4 vavle unlike the old 2 valve V8s. I would like to find out what year

these were produced, what model of trucks the were put in, and how many were made before being switched

to the E9 400. I will post the picures of what the intake looks like in a few days to show

the difference between the 1000 and E9. Have any of you seen one before? It might sound a bit strange

but it did exist for a short while and is extremely rare. Again to look at it you would think

it was an E9, but if you look closely it has a different intake system. I know 865s and E9s very

well and the 1000 is neither, but again it looks almost exactly like an E9. I would greatly appreciate

any further info you might have on this engine or any pictures. Thanks again for your help, Josh. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

ANY IDEA HOW MANY WERE MADE AND WHAT YEARS.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Just so every body knows I would like to know what years they were made, how many were made, what trucks they were put in, and any other thing I

could learn about this engine. Thanks,Josh. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

Josh:

I have sent photos to your personal email address as you requested. Let me know your thoughts when you open the file.

Best regards,

John

John,

I received the email but the email blocked the photos and said they were unsafe. I've never had this

problem before and I'm not rely sure what went wrong. Can you try and send them again. Mabey it's because they were

PDF files :blink: ? Could you change them from PDF to something else? I have been having PDF file problems lately.

Thanks, Josh. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

MAybe the best way would be to post the pictures here on BMT so evryone can see them. I know I would like to!

Thad:

OK, I will post the photos here on the BMT web site. I need to work with that pdf file-I'll keep you posted. I have many other V8 pics so I may add those as well.

Regarding the Mack museum, I did not ask them about specific numbers for the ET-1005 V8; I was more interested in the E9 V8 and they gave me a complete history of specific models numbers and engines, but nothing more of a technical nature. I wanted to finally finish the paper on the E9 V8 but things have been so busy for me that I have not had any time to finish it. This small task will help.

Best regards,

John

Thad:

OK, I will post the photos here on the BMT web site. I need to work with that pdf file-I'll keep you posted. I have many other V8 pics so I may add those as well.

Regarding the Mack museum, I did not ask them about specific numbers for the ET-1005 V8; I was more interested in the E9 V8 and they gave me a complete history of specific models numbers and engines, but nothing more of a technical nature. I wanted to finally finish the paper on the E9 V8 but things have been so busy for me that I have not had any time to finish it. This small task will help.

Best regards,

John

Josh and Thad:

ET-1005 V8 pics are posted in the gallery. Let me know your impressions.

Best regards,

John

John'

That's deffinently the engine :D:thumb::chili: . 1976 would deffinently make it PRE E9 and means it was made when they still made the 865 and 866. COOL :D !!! The intake is just what I thought it would look like. Thanks for sharing the photos with everybody. Does any one have a serial number type of the R-700s that had the ENDT1005 for example R-795 had the ENDT865 and the R-797 had the ENDT866 so what R-7?? had the ENDT1005?

Thanks again, Josh. :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT: