Fjh And Bigen

when I figure out how to post it I'll post a picture of my "coolant pushing" cure. After putting a new waterpump and housing on mine it started pushing coolant again. I had the cylinders and heads checked and they found no problems so we didn't know what else to do.

I went to the boneyard and got a 2.5 gallon steel coolant reservoir from an older Western Star because it is round and looked easy to modify the reservoir brackets on my truck to fit it. When I installed it I only filled it halfway with coolant to leave room for whatever and put a new 7 pounds pressure cap on.

So far on 5500 miles or so it hasn't lost any coolant and never over pressures the 7 pounds radiator cap. I've been driving it like it belongs to my mother in law and I'm mad at her. damifino why but I think it's fixed.

when I figure out how to post it I'll post a picture of my "coolant pushing" cure. After putting a new waterpump and housing on mine it started pushing coolant again. I had the cylinders and heads checked and they found no problems so we didn't know what else to do.

I went to the boneyard and got a 2.5 gallon steel coolant reservoir from an older Western Star because it is round and looked easy to modify the reservoir brackets on my truck to fit it. When I installed it I only filled it halfway with coolant to leave room for whatever and put a new 7 pounds pressure cap on.

So far on 5500 miles or so it hasn't lost any coolant and never over pressures the 7 pounds radiator cap. I've been driving it like it belongs to my mother in law and I'm mad at her. damifino why but I think it's fixed.

5500 miles thats a record, i think i may have been driving mine to easy for a 460 that may have added to my problems,but when your scared its gonna break down every inch of the way its hard to drive it hard.

Ya be careful!

As For Jerrys coolant jug I thought you had the big round aluninum tank on there already!

No on the tank, they kept being on back order at Mack so we put the update thermostat housing and bottom radiator hose and static fill hose on but left the old jugs in place.

HK that might help too so thanks for the idea :chili::pat::banana:

No on the tank, they kept being on back order at Mack so we put the update thermostat housing and bottom radiator hose and static fill hose on but left the old jugs in place.

HK that might help too so thanks for the idea :chili::pat::banana:

im glad to hear its working, you definitely earned it, after 10 hrs. i miss my vision just a little,

My truck has "pushed" coolant since day one but not to bad. The problem is the radiator cap doesn't bottom out on the neck of the filler tube. One day I squeezed the hose from the top tank to the engine and at the same time watched the coolant in the bottom tank ....and what do you know it moved. That tells me that on a cold engine that the cap isn't sealing off the reservoir from the over flow"bottom" tank. There for the coolant flows nearly unrestricted from tank to tank as it heats up. I guess it either overflows due to outtage when it's hot or it evaporates. Anywho I only have to add a gallon every week or so and replacing both tanks and a new 10 pound (from mack) cap didn't help so I just live with it.A design flaw that the Smart people missed even after I e-mailed them about it.

P.S. I have also had the modified pipe and hoses added and have never had the truck over heat even out in the mountains of Arizona pulling 48000 pounds of copper up and down those 6 and 8 % grades.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

My truck has "pushed" coolant since day one but not to bad. The problem is the radiator cap doesn't bottom out on the neck of the filler tube. One day I squeezed the hose from the top tank to the engine and at the same time watched the coolant in the bottom tank ....and what do you know it moved. That tells me that on a cold engine that the cap isn't sealing off the reservoir from the over flow"bottom" tank. There for the coolant flows nearly unrestricted from tank to tank as it heats up. I guess it either overflows due to outtage when it's hot or it evaporates. Anywho I only have to add a gallon every week or so and replacing both tanks and a new 10 pound (from mack) cap didn't help so I just live with it.A design flaw that the Smart people missed even after I e-mailed them about it.

P.S. I have also had the modified pipe and hoses added and have never had the truck over heat even out in the mountains of Arizona pulling 48000 pounds of copper up and down those 6 and 8 % grades.

i spent a couple of day's around the copper valley in my cx, i had to drive at nite, to scary in the daytime and then i had the head light problem, i havn't been back since. you guy's are no sh@^t truckers