High Crankcase Pressure

barrym

my E7 blowing the oil fill cap off the fill tube and pushing oil outof the fill tube

is there a breather that could be pluged ?

Yup The front rh of the engine there is a little pot hanging out with the blow by tube on it!take the lid off and check it!

If its not gooed up post back there are other reasons!

• Like 1

i have the same problem. 97 427,dont have the pot and breather on rh front.i do have a blowby tube from the valve cover,that smokes just fine.

Have you tested your oil for coolant?

This Problem (Can sometimes) be produced from the turbo!Does your truck puff out there At idle?

If you have the breather on the front right side its and E-tech engine. If the breather tube comes from the valve cover its a good old E-7.

The E-7 was in the start of '97 and E- tech near the end of '97.

Depending on which motor you have, you can have different problems.

Which motor is it?

Have you tried putting a new plug in the filler tube? ( don't take that the wrong way)

It's happened to me, and while driving it blew some oil out.

Is the oil level normal? (E-tech problem)

• 9 years later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, Bob123 said:

Having this same problem.  Did you ever find out what was going on?

Another thing to check is the air compressor. I've seen 3 of these with a hole in one of the air compressor pistons. Everything appears great till you put load on the engine and your boost pressure dumps thru the hole right into the crank case. Easy way to tell us to blow shop air into the compressor intake, with the oil fill cap removed and feel for air blowing out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steeler said:

Another thing to check is the air compressor. I've seen 3 of these with a hole in one of the air compressor pistons. Everything appears great till you put load on the engine and your boost pressure dumps thru the hole right into the crank case. Easy way to tell us to blow shop air into the compressor intake, with the oil fill cap removed and feel for air blowing out.

On Gray engines or Red engines? That’s weird. Cracked or hole? 

Gray engines with Bendix compressor. All 3 I've seen have had a hole from where they had ingested something. The first one got me good, I had tried everything to fix it, was a high mileage engine so I inframed it before I found the issue lol. That was a little tricky trying to explain to the customer why he needed a new compressor.

Edit...I should add that the hole I found in the piston was on the first one. I didn't bother with pulling the compressor head on the other 2 because I knew what was going on after my first experience 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Same here.

Steeler, your have a real humility that let’s you expose even your worst slip up. That’s huge. I’m still working on it. Someday I’ll tell you what happens if you forget to remove a camshaft installation shoe, but I’m currently still in denial. 

Lol!! Hey I'm confident enough in my abilities that I can admit when I screw up. It happens to all of us. I try not to let it happen often, but occasionally it will. The trick is getting the best outcome and not costing the company too much money lol.

I have a pretty good idea in my head of what that cam tool looked like afterwards!

• Like 1
  • Like 1