Jcb Excavators

randyp

Anybody got any input or personal opinions on JCB 130 excavators with Isuzu engines. Kinda looking at one, a 2005 model, hydraulic thumb, low hours, all bells and whistles, several of them all available but seem to be priced pretty cheap compared to other brands. sound off opinions please,,,,thanks,,,,Randy

Anybody got any input or personal opinions on JCB 130 excavators with Isuzu engines. Kinda looking at one, a 2005 model, hydraulic thumb, low hours, all bells and whistles, several of them all available but seem to be priced pretty cheap compared to other brands. sound off opinions please,,,,thanks,,,,Randy

Now keep in mind that I'm in Cat's home stomping ground but JCB has not been able to get a foothold in the area. I've talked with many operators that have ran them all and they say Cat is the best and will outlast most of the european and japanese machines by at least twice.

I know that when I went to purchase a used backhoe I looked at a 410B John Deere, a 580E Case, a comparable JCB, (214, I think) and a 416B Cat, all used with around 4500 hours on each. These were all private owned machines. The JCB machine was cleaner physically than any of the others but was plain and simple "worn out". None of the tractors had ever ran a breaker, and only the Case had been welded upon. The engine in the JCB was Perkins, which Cat now owns.

The Case machine was purchased due to rapid parts availability and pricing. The Cat stuff was exhorbitant, (as usual), the JCB parts were not only a "wait till we get em" type arrangment, but the cost was above exhorbitant and there is only one dealer within about a hundred miles. The Deere parts were about on par with the Case machine, but the dealer's service department is not quite as friendly as the Case dealership. When I need help, or a special tool for repairs I could "borrow" it. I had purchased my skid steer from them also.

I've heard their excavators are about the same as their backhoes but I have no experience with them. I've seen a lot of new ones in municipal use but rarely see an older one except on farms.

No help I know but typical of myself, I know nothing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

find out who the machine is made by. i think link belt and case are by the same builders. same as new holland and kobelco, deere and hitachi. i tried out a 315c cat and found the swing speed to be at 10.5rpm, slower than my old exc. that is 22 years old.i ended up buying a komatsu.they are very dependable and parts are not a problem, same as with cat. i think you still pay for name with cat.many people have told me that the cats are slow and under powered and will not pick loads like the komatsu will. not to say they all have there problems down the line. dont be afraid to try out the machine and work it hard before you buy. my 2 cents.

D. Smith&Son EXC. Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Now keep in mind that I'm in Cat's home stomping ground but JCB has not been able to get a foothold in the area. I've talked with many operators that have ran them all and they say Cat is the best and will outlast most of the european and japanese machines by at least twice.

I know that when I went to purchase a used backhoe I looked at a 410B John Deere, a 580E Case, a comparable JCB, (214, I think) and a 416B Cat, all used with around 4500 hours on each. These were all private owned machines. The JCB machine was cleaner physically than any of the others but was plain and simple "worn out". None of the tractors had ever ran a breaker, and only the Case had been welded upon. The engine in the JCB was Perkins, which Cat now owns.

The Case machine was purchased due to rapid parts availability and pricing. The Cat stuff was exhorbitant, (as usual), the JCB parts were not only a "wait till we get em" type arrangment, but the cost was above exhorbitant and there is only one dealer within about a hundred miles. The Deere parts were about on par with the Case machine, but the dealer's service department is not quite as friendly as the Case dealership. When I need help, or a special tool for repairs I could "borrow" it. I had purchased my skid steer from them also.

I've heard their excavators are about the same as their backhoes but I have no experience with them. I've seen a lot of new ones in municipal use but rarely see an older one except on farms.

Rob

We bought a used Deere 510D backhoe a year ago...best equipment purchase (on the farm anyway) that's been made in a long time. Bought for many of the same reasons you stated...local Deere heavy equipment dealer is good and family friend is a mechanic for RSC and highly recommended it also.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

We bought a used Deere 510D backhoe a year ago...best equipment purchase (on the farm anyway) that's been made in a long time. Bought for many of the same reasons you stated...local Deere heavy equipment dealer is good and family friend is a mechanic for RSC and highly recommended it also.

Thanks all, I called a friend of mine last night and he also said parts were really a big problem with JCB. I have a komatsu D-41 dozer and am really crazy bout it, but the used komatsu excavators arre really pricey. I found some good deals on Hitachi 120 excavators, hours from 2 to 4 thousand, isuzu powered, none of them have thumbs but I can just add one, theyre kinda pricey also. I found one outstanding deal on hitachi 100, main difference tween it and 120 is 100 isnt turbocharged, so bout 8 to 10 h.p. difference (not counting torque and efficiency and fuel consumption. I really appreciate all your input,,,later,,,Randy

Pretty sure JCB is it's own. Go to an auction sometime and look at differences - Komatsu has massive castings base of boom tip of boom, stick, John Deere/Hitachi are welded, Cat has castings but small. Always check boom and stick box welds on any machine older than 98 or so. Hyundai buys parts from same manufacturers as Komatsu - they can be good bargain machine.

• 2 months later...

Rob

well,,wound up buying EX 120 hitachi, 2400 hours, bought a new thumb to go with it, all seems pretty tight, just got through dragging it home with killer b, will let you guys know how it goes,,,thanks,,,randy

post-4330-127154570817_thumb.jpg

well,,wound up buying EX 120 hitachi, 2400 hours, bought a new thumb to go with it, all seems pretty tight, just got through dragging it home with killer b, will let you guys know how it goes,,,thanks,,,randy

NICE LOOKIN MACHINE, GOOD LUCK.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

find out who the machine is made by. i think link belt and case are by the same builders. same as new holland and kobelco, deere and hitachi. i tried out a 315c cat and found the swing speed to be at 10.5rpm, slower than my old exc. that is 22 years old.i ended up buying a komatsu.they are very dependable and parts are not a problem, same as with cat. i think you still pay for name with cat.many people have told me that the cats are slow and under powered and will not pick loads like the komatsu will. not to say they all have there problems down the line. dont be afraid to try out the machine and work it hard before you buy. my 2 cents.

D. Smith&Son EXC. Green Giant2

anyone ever heard of a HALLA Excavator,HE220LCE, it has a 6 clyinder cummins,50,000 pounds looks to be a good machine,anyone know where and who makes it. thanks Ron

A buddy of mine swears by JCB.......he likes the power it has. It does have lots of power, but it seems it will tear itself apart if you don't know how to run it. Hitachi's are great machines too.

What brand engine does JCB have? They are great looking machines and seem to be reasonably priced, but parts availability deal kinda scared me off, plus i dont need anything to tear itself apart,,,thats kinda my job,,LOL,,randy

anyone ever heard of a HALLA Excavator,HE220LCE, it has a 6 clyinder cummins,50,000 pounds looks to be a good machine,anyone know where and who makes it. thanks Ron

have seen a lot of hallas but dont know ahything bout them,,,kinda sounds swedish though

What brand engine does JCB have? They are great looking machines and seem to be reasonably priced, but parts availability deal kinda scared me off, plus i dont need anything to tear itself apart,,,thats kinda my job,,LOL,,randy

I don't know what engine is in them. I know he compares them to Cat only with out the price. He does demolishion, and runs his own machine just about everyday. I think he even has a bumper sticker on his other none JCB machine that read I (Heart) my JCB. LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dictator for life randy

What does a potato hanging from your crotch have to do with anything?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

well otay den,,lemme see if I can figure these buttons out macmmann,,,dictator for life randy

As you know mackmann, its no speed demon, pulls bout 55 loaded or empty, have to work your aux. on a few hills, interesting story few weeks ago, 2 young guys passed me on narrow road, passenger stuck arm out and flipped me off, lil did they know, coal train had country road blocked going into power plant, just over next rise, train usually blocks road for 15 minutes. Well, I really aint the picture of health, have had 3 heart surguries, have diabetes,am 56 and weigh bout 160 pounds. They were the car sitting in front of me, so I pondered moment, said hell, aint had a good cardio workout in a while, but I got this real neat lil tire knocker, short piece of cable with lead ball on end, got out with it, kinda twirling it like a cop does a baton, approached passenger, he rolled window up real fast, I kinda laughed and said, "we really do need to talk bout your manners, you wanna roll it down, or just cover your eyes and I will open it for you". Well, he rolled it down, apologized, said he was just kidding so went on back to truck fore i got in trouble or they took knocker away from me. I probably shouldnt act that way but sometimes ya just get tired of that shit. (I was just glad he apologized),,,"speak softly and carry a big tire knocker Randy

• Like 1