Ch613 - Daytime Running Lights

Hello everybody,

I own a 2000 Mack Ch613 and recently I have completely lost my daytime running lights. I replaced the daytime running light module in the fuse box, but didn't have any success. I have been told that the lights operate off a pressure switch in the air manifold so that when the parking brake button is depressed the lights will come on. I haven't had any luck finding this pressure switch in the truck. There are several pressure switches down by the accelerator pedal, including primary and secondary air buzzers, as well as the "parking brake" applied light on the dash. There is a fourth one, but I'm not sure what it is for and when I manually jump the switch nothing happens.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the DTRL's on these trucks, thanks in advance.

I appreciate those of you who read this thread and gave it some thought.

So what was the end result, one of the headlights was recently replaced on the P.S. and instead of the mechanic installing a GE9004 like what was in the truck, he installed a GE9007. This was enough to cause the DTRL's to quit working.

Another lesson learned.

So what was the end result, one of the headlights was recently replaced on the P.S. and instead of the mechanic installing a GE9004 like what was in the truck, he installed a GE9007. This was enough to cause the DTRL's to quit working.

Another lesson learned.

Thanx for posting your fix Thats a real od ball to say the least!

Another lesson learned.

Did the installer modify/change/break the plug to make a 9007 bulb fit a 9004 socket? If I remember correctly they are different because the 9007 bulb is a bit higher in wattage consumed, (marginally brighter).

There is a guide "tang" in the socket that will preclude this happening, accidently if memory serves.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Did the installer modify/change/break the plug to make a 9007 bulb fit a 9004 socket? If I remember correctly they are different because the 9007 bulb is a bit higher in wattage consumed, (marginally brighter).

There is a guide "tang" in the socket that will preclude this happening, accidently if memory serves.

Rob

nope I vaguly remeber this happening at work the bulbs will interchange maybe not perfectly but do interchange.

the parts guy hands you a light you asume is right pop it in and this is the result! Moral of the story don't trust your parts guy! :(

nope I vaguly remeber this happening at work the bulbs will interchange maybe not perfectly but do interchange.

the parts guy hands you a light you asume is right pop it in and this is the result! Moral of the story don't trust your parts guy! :(

As FJH stated, they do interchange, the bulbs look pretty much identical.

The other useful thing I learned was the availability of schematics off the Mack website. It turns out that the "parking brake applied" light and the DTRL's operate off the same pressure switch at the drivers right foot.

Mack Schematics ------ http://smrp-prod.macktrucks.com/spubs/default_ie2.htm ------- You need to download Adobe SVG Viewer to make their system work: http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/

• 9 years later...
  • 3 years later...