Year End Report

hatcity

Well, I got done running and then comparing 2008 to 2009.

Total Income down slightly

Expenses down signafacantly

Net income up nicely.

* Expenses were down due to lower fuel costs.(almost $5/ gal last year)

repairs and Maint. down(seems I had more tire problems last year)

** I payed myself more this year (expense) but i still did OK

I still have several acoounts Rec. worth about $13K

To all the O/O, self employed, or owners of business- how was 2009 really?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Net income up nicely.

I'm a company driver and I don't have the exact figures in front of me but I made quite a bit less than last year.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm a company driver and I don't have the exact figures in front of me but I made quite a bit less than last year.

And the Obama Administration will ensure you pay the same or more in income taxes for the year.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Net income up nicely.

Gross income revenues down slightly.

Operating expenses down sharply.

Employee expenses reduced 100%.

Headaches gone from lack of employees that don't want to work, Priceless.

It's been a good year. 2010 looks to be even better.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Other Dog- overall rates are way down due to the economy. Strike one

Some people (Rob) will tell you that if the truck don't run, you don't get paid. Strike two

It seems that you are assigned a truck and get paid by the wheels turning. If the truck breaks, again, do you not get paid?

As an O/O, no work= no pay, but I would think as a company driver you get paid by the clock.

Rob, no employees are the true beauty of being self-employed. No hangovers, wife bitchin', plain ol crap attitudeNot taking care of equipment, yada yada. We're doing good, just wish it was better.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I feel work is out there, and if a person is hungry enough, or not too good to do it, they will prosper.

Rob

Other Dog- overall rates are way down due to the economy. Strike one

Some people (Rob) will tell you that if the truck don't run, you don't get paid. Strike two

It seems that you are assigned a truck and get paid by the wheels turning. If the truck breaks, again, do you not get paid?

As an O/O, no work= no pay, but I would think as a company driver you get paid by the clock.

Rob, no employees are the true beauty of being self-employed. No hangovers, wife bitchin', plain ol crap attitudeNot taking care of equipment, yada yada. We're doing good, just wish it was better.

true

true

true/no

false- I get paid by percentage. If I don't haul any loads I don't get paid, regardless of whether the truck is broke down or just that freight is slow.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We definitely had a better year in 2009 compared to 2008.

In the construction industry in our Upstate New York region, I wasn't sure we could survive a year ago at this time.

2009 picked up somewhat and we are still here. We reduced our expenses significantly; we did get lucky enough to contract a fairly large commercial project which helped out a lot; we built a couple of new homes, and all-in-all we managed to squeeze out a fairly good year. Nowhere near enough to wipe out the losses from the last couple of years, but at least pointed in the right direction. The indications are that work will continue, albeit at a much reduced pace from several years ago. New home inventory is down about where it should be, existing homes are selling fairly well, and the finance rates and tax incentives are still with us. So I've got my fingers crossed for 2010.

The truck shop became "The Fishers Truck Company, Inc." this year, and we obtained a dealer's license from the State of New York to buy and sell motor vehicles. We are also planning to sell some select products to the trucking industry that specifically help out an operator's bottom line. (More on this later)

There are three sold projects in line at the shop for total restorations following the B-67 that is finishing up now for Gray Hamilton.

The truck shop is a hobby for me, although it seems to be growing. My uncle Jimmy is pretty much working full time. (So much for Jimmy's retirement. Heh, heh - if he only knew how much his wife paid me to get him out of the house!!) Over the next few years, I may retire to the truck business myself. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

We have collected a small, diverse fleet of heavy trucks to save them from a nasty fate. The website is being designed now, and these trucks will be advertised for sale as projects. (Got a lot of weird cool stuff - like a Walters with an original NHRS 320hp Cummins, a really heavy duty Autocar with extremely low original miles and 65k rears, a beauty of a Chevrolet 3100 series pickup, a Brockway 361 long hood with its' original 1674 Caterpillar, a very cool KW W900A with its' original KT525 Cummins, and a bunch of others) These all need various amounts of work. It is my intention to very accurately describe the trucks and their attributes with photo files for each on the new website. Hopefully we can find them good homes and pay the bills along the way!

So, I'm thankful for a good 2009, and looking forward to a better 2010.

Best wishes to everyone here for the same!

Paul Van Scott

'09 wasn't near as disastrous as I was thinking it would be 12 months ago. Didn't get rich -yet-, but as most of the previous posters, significantly lower input costs made for a better net.

My bread and butter is with the construction industry, bet it government projects or private. Since most of this stimulus garbage has run its course and not many people are building....I wonder for next, well this year...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

'09 wasn't near as disastrous as I was thinking it would be 12 months ago. Didn't get rich -yet-, but as most of the previous posters, significantly lower input costs made for a better net.

My bread and butter is with the construction industry, bet it government projects or private. Since most of this stimulus garbage has run its course and not many people are building....I wonder for next, well this year...

actually there is still 2/3 of stimulus still in the pipe line 09 better than 08 and 2010 will be better than 09 I hope they get the $1.00 per gal tax credit back on bio diesel I wish they would make it $2.00 15% ethanol blend is a go $40 Million spent in 09 for windmills in my state and need alot more of those and several major road projects are going full steam ahead