Springs:

Rob

Does anybody know if the front springs from a B61 will fit under a B67? Looking for length, not capacity on this one. My latter has a 1-5/8ths lean on the driver side while setting on the shop floor. The driver's side sping is almost flat, while the passenger side retains a positive arch.

I don't mind buying new springs if needed but my "Yella Dog" has known good springs under the front.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Does anybody know if the front springs from a B61 will fit under a B67? Looking for length, not capacity on this one. My latter has a 1-5/8ths lean on the driver side while setting on the shop floor. The driver's side sping is almost flat, while the passenger side retains a positive arch.

I don't mind buying new springs if needed but my "Yella Dog" has known good springs under the front.

Thanks,

Rob

take a tape measure and measure the B-61 springs, then measure the B-67 springs. If the dimensions are the same then yes, they will fit. :D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

take a tape measure and measure the B-61 springs, then measure the B-67 springs. If the dimensions are the same then yes, they will fit. biggrin.gif

Tell you what, I know that B53 springs are the same length as B61's, so after you unbolt the front spring boxes/perches under the mixer and relay the correct end to end length of the sping with the weight off measurment to me, I'll follow suit.

I can't get to the B61 yet cause it's about a foot deep in a snow drift and if I were to lay in that snow, it would melt. Then my ass cheeks would become wet and chap. Then we would have whole nother set of problems to deal with. Besides that, the moisture may take some of my sweetness away.

I could wrap myself in the rubber sheets we use during the summer routing my profuse sweating along with drainage of various bodily fluids that disallows permeation of our underlying bedding appliances, but it is uncomfortable in the winter due to lack of flexibility.

Knowing the reliabiltity factor of a Pete, and taking this information into account; I know you have time available to help with my project.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Tell you what, I know that B53 springs are the same length as B61's, so after you unbolt the front spring boxes/perches under the mixer and relay the correct end to end length of the sping with the weight off measurment to me, I'll follow suit.

I can't get to the B61 yet cause it's about a foot deep in a snow drift and if I were to lay in that snow, it would melt. Then my ass cheeks would become wet and chap. Then we would have whole nother set of problems to deal with. Besides that, the moisture may take some of my sweetness away.

I could wrap myself in the rubber sheets we use during the summer routing my profuse sweating along with drainage of various bodily fluids that disallows permeation of our underlying bedding appliances, but it is uncomfortable in the winter due to lack of flexibility.

Knowing the reliabiltity factor of a Pete, and taking this information into account; I know you have time available to help with my project.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

How about if we just measure the spring hangers instead of doing all that? I'm not too worried about melting here, it's 21 degrees-perfect for laying outside under a truck.

How about if we just measure the spring hangers instead of doing all that? I'm not too worried about melting here, it's 21 degrees-perfect for laying outside under a truck.

It's about 25 here and snowing with expected accumulation of 3" through the day.

I've been told, but do not know, the spring boxes are different on a 67 series, but no knowlege first hand. That's why you will need to take them apart and save me the pain and effort of the aforementioned items.

Thanks,

Rob

It's about 25 here and snowing with expected accumulation of 3" through the day.

I've been told, but do not know, the spring boxes are different on a 67 series, but no knowlege first hand. That's why you will need to take them apart and save me the pain and effort of the aforementioned items.

Thanks,

Rob

OK, I have another ideer- hey Paul...got a minute?

OK, I have another ideer- hey Paul...got a minute?

Paul is busy at the present time and letup does appear evident for several days; (Sources inform me he is out on a rescue party for another Pete). The information is required much sooner than this avenue would be able to provide.

Your assistance to this increasingly perplexing problem/situation deserves absolute, and resolute involvement on your part.

Your involvement will provide intangible benefits.

Rob

Paul is busy at the present time and letup does appear evident for several days; (Sources inform me he is out on a rescue party for another Pete). He's also up to his a$$ in snow. The information is required much sooner than this avenue would be able to provide.

Your assistance to this increasingly perplexing problem/situation deserves absolute, and resolute involvement on your part.

Your involvement will provide intangible benefits.

Rob

I'll get right on it then.

I'll get right on it then.

As you know: Perseverance will always prevail.

I anxiously await your response with the relevant information for further processing.

K-Mart has a large sale on bedding and I'm sure rubber sheets are included. Although I have deemed them uncomfortable, and distracting between the folds of my skin, others may not.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Rob

As you know: Perseverance will always prevail.

I anxiously await your response with the relevant information for further processing.

K-Mart has a large sale on bedding and I'm sure rubber sheets are included. Although I have deemed them uncomfortable, and distracting between the folds of my skin, others may not.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Rob

...still looking for that tape measure...just saw it the other day

...still looking for that tape measure...just saw it the other day

Keep looking. Don't give up. The consequences of failure are too great.

Rob

I found your lost tape measure Other Dog.

I'm proud of ya there Double L. Fax that damned thing over to other dog so he can acquire the relevant information before it gets dark. I don't want him to have to round up a flashlight too.

Rob

Hey Rob, did you ever consider adding a spacer block under the spring? Even on todays new trucks they use them to level out the truck.

Hi there and thanks. I've seen that done along with adding a leaf to one side to correct for sag. I'm not against installing new springs under the truck if these I have will not work and would prefer to go that way as they are not cost prohibitive. The rubber blocks are bad and need to come out for replacement also. Really only want to take it apart a single time as in reality my time is split too many ways as it is.

Rob

I'm proud of ya there Double L. Fax that damned thing over to other dog so he can acquire the relevant information before it gets dark. I don't want him to have to round up a flashlight too.

Rob

I'm proud of myself too there Rob, I already rounded up a flash light in anticipation of Other Dog needing one. :lol:

come to think of it- I have a printer,scanner,copier- but no fax machine. guess you'll have to run the tape measure yourself.

I don't have a fax line myself either but I have a printer, scanner, copier, and fax in one. I'll just wait til you get a load out here to deliver it to ya. Better yet if ya want I'll just UPS it to Rob.

Rob here at our spring shop they will rearche by the cold progess and raise the one spring as much as you tell him.

That was a every day thing with us.When a spring is lower than the other and no leafs cracked then that does not mean that is is weak or bad. Many times a spring will be lower for different reasons like been over loaded on one side or from age.

glenn akers

Rob here at our spring shop they will rearche by the cold progess and raise the one spring as much as you tell him.

That was a every day thing with us.When a spring is lower than the other and no leafs cracked then that does not mean that is is weak or bad. Many times a spring will be lower for different reasons like been over loaded on one side or from age.

Hi Glenn, have you had good success with the cold re-arching process? I have not on lt. duty GM, and Ford 4X4 front ends in years past. I've never had a large truck done before. I don't know if there are any bad leafs on the spring as everything is covered in road grime. I can't even tell how many leaves are in each spring pack.

Rob

come to think of it- I have a printer,scanner,copier- but no fax machine. guess you'll have to run the tape measure yourself.

I'm ecstatic to learn that you possess such high tech gadgetry in your arsenal. This way you can scan your readings, convert them to .pdf format and email it to me. This is much faster, with unexcelled clarity in reproduction.

No matter the outside temperature, you'll be very warm as you complete this task for me cause I'm gonna hold yer feet to the fire till done.

Rob

I'm ecstatic to learn that you possess such high tech gadgetry in your arsenal. This way you can scan your readings, convert them to .pdf format and email it to me. This is much faster, with unexcelled clarity in reproduction.

No matter the outside temperature, you'll be very warm as you complete this task for me cause I'm gonna hold yer feet to the fire till done.

Rob

cain't- scanner quit working about the same time the webcam did. I can still print, and make copies of documents, and send the copy via the United States Postal Service though.