Man, How Much Do They Hold?

Rob

Actually KWs and Petes are both PACCAR. I always heard that when they finished a KW on the assembly line they made a Peterbilt out of the leftover parts...or was it the other way around?

But you're right, it's a hard truck to get comfortable in for me too.

Yup while both PACCAR one is far superior in terms of quality and comfort. I thought someone tall would have problems getting comfortable in a Peterbilt someone short like me, I was truly amazed and shocked. I guess them petercar driver's don't care for comfort too much and want to look cool. I think you can look cooler in a KW than any ole Petercar out there but that is my opinion. I've always felt Peterbilt is for show while KW's is for work. No wonder why Peterbilt's are junky trucks then....Used scrap from quality KW's. :lol:

But, again- as I sit here watching this show about the Peterbilt factory in Denton, Texas on the National Geographic channel- as much trouble and down time as i've had with this Peterbilt, none of it's really been a Peterbilt issue. It's been a Caterpillar issue. I haven't taken the truck back to the dealer ever, but it's been to Carter Cat many, many times. And I don't really blame Caterpillar, it's all because of the b.s. gummint emmission restrictions all the engine makers have to meet now. :angry: I liked driving that old 5 speed Mack, when every time you changed gears you'd leave a huge cloud of black smoke in the sky! :D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

But, again- as I sit here watching this show about the Peterbilt factory in Denton, Texas on the National Geographic channel- as much trouble and down time as i've had with this Peterbilt, none of it's really been a Peterbilt issue. It's been a Caterpillar issue. I haven't taken the truck back to the dealer ever, but it's been to Carter Cat many, many times. And I don't really blame Caterpillar, it's all because of the b.s. gummint emmission restrictions all the engine makers have to meet now. mad.gif I liked driving that old 5 speed Mack, when every time you changed gears you'd leave a huge cloud of black smoke in the sky! biggrin.gif

And I find humor because someone I know told them problems were on the horizon for years, and they didn't listen till Paccar, (largest buyer of Cat on highway engines) pulled the plug.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I would be careful of Carter Cat man. My uncle took his T800 which has a 3406B in to get an overhead done it and Carter Cat didn't do it correctly and within 3,000 miles wiped the cam out and they say that they were not responsible for it. So he bought a fresh 3406B since they said they were not responsible. I thought that was messed up.

The Pete and KW debate is like a Chevy and Ford debate but KW and Chevy is gonna win every time in my book.

Wrong on both accounts. The Pete vs. KW debate is like a Chevy vs. Pontiac debate. Pete & KW are both Paccar, just like Chevy and Pontiac are both GM. Either way, though, they are ALL crap. Everyone knows Macks & Fords will run circles around the rest when it comes to doin' REAL work. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Wrong on both accounts. The Pete vs. KW debate is like a Chevy vs. Pontiac debate. Pete & KW are both Paccar, just like Chevy and Pontiac are both GM. Either way, though, they are ALL crap. Everyone knows Macks & Fords will run circles around the rest when it comes to doin' REAL work. :thumb:

I'll agree on the Mack as far as real job site heavy duty work no doubt about that but I' m not sure if I want to agree with you on the Ford even though I owned a Ford F150 in the past and I kick my self in the ass everyday for getting rid of it. I've rode in my share of Mack's to know they will stand up to the abuse of anything you can put it up against.