Superliner Question

Can anybody tell if the Superliner ever came with a air ride cab,if it came from the factory with a sleeper on it.If if did were was the exhust mounted?From what I have been able to find out is that a day cab came with the exhust mounted to the cab,but I can seem to find out were it was mounted if it had a sleeper.I am having a sleeper built,from Double Eagle and there are running into a exhust problem.

Thanks AL

I just saw a superliner last month with a 36" ablebody sleeper and dual exhaust. the mufflers were mounted to the brace that bolts to the frame. (simmilar to an R model brace) The sleeper was bolted to the frame and the cab was air ride. It was not a factory sleeper install but it looked that way. Most R models used the ablebody sleeper that had "cut outs" for the mufflers. Sounds like your eagle sleeper is square with no cut outs for mufflers???? You might have to make cut outs or move the sleeper back? What about straight pipes with no mufflers or muffler under the cab??

The RS macks had the muffler(s) bolted to the cab corners, this looks to be the best way to get the mufflers closest to the cab, You could use that style set up but the mufflers would still stick out behind the cab about 4-5" and possibly interfear with the sleeper?

Trent

some R got the big frame that bolt on the frame (like a square tubing) and have a look at the before you bought any cauz there is different model from R and there is a model for the Ch (muffler more offset). if you don't make it like an integral sleeper and don't put the sleper air ride, just fix your straight pipe to the sleeper with some U bolt (chrome of corse) maybe like a freightliner (soud ugly but could be nice...)

Mufflers? What are mufflers? lol

ShowDog anit that those round things that HANG OFF THE SIDE BESIDE THE CAB that ya can throw a couple of D CELL FLASHLIGHT BATTERYS down in & hollow em out & make sound like strights & still have the look to please "THE MAN" :loldude::lol::P

Later

Bulldog

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Mine has got an airbag at the rear of the cab with 2 shock absorbers, when the truck eventualy runs out of air the cab squats down at the rear and pulls on the bonnet toggles, looks rather sagy, if your exhausts are mounted to the cab, then they will move as well. My exhausts are mounted to the curved Square steel units that bolt to the chassis with a little muffler under the cab floor, the flexipipe is downstream from the blower, the rest is rigid with the chassis.

Nigel :chili:

ShowDog anit that those round things that HANG OFF THE SIDE BESIDE THE CAB that ya can throw a couple of D CELL FLASHLIGHT BATTERYS down in & hollow em out & make sound like strights & still have the look to please "THE MAN" :loldude::lol::P

Later

Bulldog

lol Is that what those things are called? hahahaha

Can anybody tell if the Superliner ever came with a air ride cab,if it came from the factory with a sleeper on it.If if did were was the exhust mounted?From what I have been able to find out is that a day cab came with the exhust mounted to the cab,but I can seem to find out were it was mounted if it had a sleeper.I am having a sleeper built,from Double Eagle and there are running into a exhust problem.

Thanks AL

Talk to Rocky Miller @ Double Eagle. I have a 60" Double Eagle on my Superliner with a Windjammer top. It has the dual recessed corners to accomadate the Mack exhaust system. He should know what to do. I bought my sleeper from him back in late '99 or early '00. If you don't want the recess corners the only other option is to run the exhaust up the back of the sleeper like a CH or CL. Yuck!!!!!!!