Engine And Trans. Swap

Looking for some opinions on this.

My 59 B-61 has a 673 with 10 speed TRD 72. The engine runs good,but it has the idle problem that I did mention a couple weeks back, The thought is that maybe

the fuel pump is worn out,and needing rebuilding.It looks like the block has had some brazing done to it, put dose not leak water or anything.

Here's the question,

I also have a 62 B-61 that has a great running 711 with a TRDL 725 air uni-shift 10 speed. The previous owner had had some extensive motor work done

while he had it, Like new sleves, rings,rod bearings,cam bearings,resurfaced heads,cleaned and bead blasted pistions ect ,and had some transmissions work done.

There is a couple grand in receipts for work he had done. Should I swap the motor and transmission from the 1962 or just the motor ? will there be any issues with doing this ??

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike,

I agree with each of you guys about this but, why do all the changing when all you have to do is change a pump because of a little idle issue. Sounds like a lot of work for just a pump issue. That is the way I understand the situation. Sounds like both trucks are decent enough to just enjoy the way they came from the factory. If ya keep them long enough you'll have plenty of work to do on them as is.

mike :mack1:

One of the real positive points about the engine in the 1962 B is all the work that was put into it, I was also thinking about down the road that this engine

would have the longer life left since I plan on doing a total restoration on the 1959 B and just wouldn't want to end up having to do engine work later on

after the truck is restored.