Compression Check:

Rob

Do you guys usually paint the injector bodies with anti-sieze before installing them into the heads? I've taken them out of different engines and sometimes they're covered, sometimes not. I know the reasoning behind it to keep them from freezing in the hole, but is a light coat of anti-sieze good enough, or do they need covered?

Where would be a good place to purchase injector copper rings in bulk?

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The pump shop would be a good place to get the coppers and also mack would have them to. On a make injector antiseize is used often and i also used it on the little DT IHC engines to. But nothen will help if the injector cooper leaks compression and let go for a while. I have taken the injectors out of make engines and pull the injector tube out of the head.Also make sure what copper you use is the proper thickness.

glenn akers

The pump shop would be a good place to get the coppers and also mack would have them to. On a make injector antiseize is used often and i also used it on the little DT IHC engines to. But nothen will help if the injector cooper leaks compression and let go for a while. I have taken the injectors out of make engines and pull the injector tube out of the head.Also make sure what copper you use is the proper thickness.

Thanks Glenn, I'll call my pump shop in the morning. If they don't have a chart for the correct thickness rings, I'll get the dimensions from Mack.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'd like to ask a question pertaining to part of this thread if I may. Question is can I tighten the nut on the pump ( it's number 2 line coming out of the pump since it is the only line leaking at this time ? American Bosch pump is what I have on the B.

thx

mike

Yes. Sometimes you have to get them pretty tight if they leak like that.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Yes. Sometimes you have to get them pretty tight if they leak like that.

Herb, thanks for the answer. I believe that on one of my recent posts, I was talking to Larry in the Air Brakes Section and shows my leaking pump. I guess it would be best to use a line wrench for this. Could it be where it may need an o-ring under it without major repair ?

mike