Watt's Mack Parts Difficulties

Hi,

Anyone else had difficulties dealing with Watt's Mack Parts?

I was after some big end and main bearings for a F-797 with a 375hp V8 Thermodyne... I emailed them to enquire about bearings and never heard back... I emailed them once again and they replied (told me they hadn't received my first email...) asking for an engine number and other details which I inturn sent in the reply email... I haven't heard anything since and subsequent emails have not been answered.

Needless to say I'm disappointed with their Parts service, or lack of... :(

- Rob

Hi,

Anyone else had difficulties dealing with Watt's Mack Parts?

I was after some big end and main bearings for a F-797 with a 375hp V8 Thermodyne... I emailed them to enquire about bearings and never heard back... I emailed them once again and they replied (told me they hadn't received my first email...) asking for an engine number and other details which I inturn sent in the reply email... I haven't heard anything since and subsequent emails have not been answered.

Needless to say I'm disappointed with their Parts service, or lack of... :(

- Rob

what is a big end? glen akers

glenn akers

Rob, I did email you back sometime ago...Your truck will not come up in the American MackNet System, so I can't find the exact part number of the rods & mains. I did, however, look up an ENDT866 and found that there are several different main bearings used in this engine. Therefore, I need to know what bearings are in your engine...the numbers should be stamped on the backs of the bearings.

I know this presents a problem if you are running the truck and don't want to tear it down before you have the parts...but with out those part numbers, I would only be guessing. They could also be over sized bearings...not standard.

I feel certain that I can find rods & mains, but I need more info. I understand that emails are subject to strange circumstances in cyberspace so I hope you are not too upset! It could have been my ISP or yours that lost the email or maybe it got sent to junk mail folder somewhere?? I just figured you didn't have it apart when I didn't hear back from you. You can always call us at: 888-304-6225 or 724-668-2201 6am-6pm US Eastern time.

Sorry for the inconvience and I hope we can still have a chance to help you out!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Rob

I had a simmilar problem with lost emails with a few online companys I get parts from. I now just pick up the phone and talk to a person to make shure I get what i need ordered. Im shure your emails just went to the "junk email folder" I search my junk folder once a week and find a question from a member on BMT or a email from the ATHS four etc.. some times I forget to look and get questiond again later.

Barry has always called me back the same day or next morning if I called late in the day. I wouldent take it personaly.

Just my .02 :)

Trent

"Big end" bearings for the conrod - connecting to the crankshaft... :blink: hmmm

Thanks for telling me what that big end was I have been a truck mechanic for 41 yrs and that is a new word for me I know here in the US we tell the parts depart, well need rod brgs. and they know.

Glenn Akers

glenn akers

Big end=crank end/rod bearing end

small end=pin bushing for piston

If you had the small ends rebuilt.......you had new bushings installed and sized. If you had the big end done...they ground the cap and resized it.

That is one way us gearheads talk about rod ends. Different strokes for different folks.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"