Back Up Detection

I think it is a good from a safty stand point. The way these 4 wheelers like to tailgate and never give you room to back up Its hard to see if someone has stopped behind you, flat bed or van trailer. A good truck driver would get out and look to be shure whats behind him but I have not seen many "Good" drivers lately.

To me the feature on a small car or light truck is a useless annoyance. Though on a larger strait truck or tractor trailer it makes sence as an option that can be turned off. I havent backed into anything yet when driving the strait trucks. Thats because before I back up I always look at what will be coming up behind me so I know what to look for in the mirrors. Having a friend ground guide you is a help too in real tight places.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I think it makes BAD drivers even worse!! Giving them a false sense of security.....since it "wasn't beeping, then I'm clear to go!" Ya, right!

Buddy has it on his new F150(std equipment now) and when he has his car trailer hooked up...it beeps constantly when he backs up. What an annoying POS!!! I think you can disarm it, but he hasn't figured that one out yet.

I think GOAL is a better option.....but for idiot drivers...there's nothing you can do for them anyway.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I think it makes BAD drivers even worse!! Giving them a false sense of security.....since it "wasn't beeping, then I'm clear to go!" Ya, right!

Buddy has it on his new F150(std equipment now) and when he has his car trailer hooked up...it beeps constantly when he backs up. What an annoying POS!!! I think you can disarm it, but he hasn't figured that one out yet.

I think GOAL is a better option.....but for idiot drivers...there's nothing you can do for them anyway.

I agree,

Friend has the same thing on a VW passat and man even with it he still cant park. Like I said make it an option only that can be easily turned off. I wouldent want it but some might.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!