What Model Is This?

Earlier this week I visited Petersen Brothers out in Sumner, Washington and took pictures of some of the trucks in their fleet. I forgot to ask them what model this is. Could you please tell me what model this is and provide some history on the model? Thanks in advance.

636285892_gmVpF-L.jpg

- Aaron

Earlier this week I visited Petersen Brothers out in Sumner, Washington and took pictures of some of the trucks in their fleet. I forgot to ask them what model this is. Could you please tell me what model this is and provide some history on the model? Thanks in advance.

636285892_gmVpF-L.jpg

- Aaron

U model.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

636285892_gmVpF-L.jpg

- Aaron

Hi Aaron, my guess is a U 700, I doubt it is a DM .Regards Jeffro.

That may have been an ex-Roadway U-model with an 6V92 Detroit from the seventies and eighties, as shown in the link below. The headlights are somebody elses creation.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01/index.php?topic=33623.0

I'd bet it's an old Roadway truck too,but it would have to be a U773 with the 8V71 Detroit.The 6V92 powered U models were U626's and had the standard hood.

I'd bet it's an old Roadway truck too,but it would have to be a U773 with the 8V71 Detroit.The 6V92 powered U models were U626's and had the standard hood.

Thanks for all the replies. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed the truck was that old. The modified headlights threw me off.

What were the other common U model numbers?

Thanks for all the replies. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed the truck was that old. The modified headlights threw me off.

What were the other common U model numbers?

U607 - had END673 Thermodyne engine, U609 - had END711 Thermodyne engine, U611 - had ENDT673C Thermodyne engine, U685 - had ENDT675 Maxidyne engine, U686 - had ENDT676 Maxidyne engine

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"