Rolling Deli Wagon

other dog

I spotted this truck near Peoria, Illinois Sunday. I was driving along minding my own binness when it pulled off the shoulder in front of me. Two guys jumped out and picked up a dead animal carcass, threw it in the back, and sped off. It even had a lift gate to make loading large animals easier. Had a swarm of flies chasing after it. I don't know what they were up to, they must work for the state cleaning up road kill.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yepper. Got the rolling "meat locker" out of storage. Was headed down to the river as the fish aint a bitin due to the cool weather, so a fisherman had to dynamite them, and got more than he bargained for. The state hi-way that runs alongside the bank was covered with fish chunks so I get called to clean it up. After grabbin my new aluminum scoop shovel, truck and drivin down there, I was able to scrape up much needed fish parts for a new batter that I been workin on. There was so many fish parts that I spent great effort of about 1/2 hour scraping them up. I just hate when things go to waste.

It only got to about 80 degrees today so pretty sure nothing spoiled in the back of the truck. Plan to unload today and I'll let you know how the batter turns out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yepper. Got the rolling "meat locker" out of storage. Was headed down to the river as the fish aint a bitin due to the cool weather, so a fisherman had to dynamite them, and got more than he bargained for. The state hi-way that runs alongside the bank was covered with fish chunks so I get called to clean it up. After grabbin my new aluminum scoop shovel, truck and drivin down there, I was able to scrape up much needed fish parts for a new batter that I been workin on. There was so many fish parts that I spent great effort of about 1/2 hour scraping them up. I just hate when things go to waste.

It only got to about 80 degrees today so pretty sure nothing spoiled in the back of the truck. Plan to unload today and I'll let you know how the batter turns out.

Rob

thanks-I can hardly wait.

thanks-I can hardly wait.

You're not allergic or anything like that to mushrooms are you? I can alter the proportions to accomodate if need be for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You're not allergic or anything like that to mushrooms are you? I can alter the proportions to accomodate if need be for you.

Rob

No,not to my knowledge anyway.I like mushrooms in pasketti sauce and on pizza.In fact,I saw some in the yard this morning...

Be careful about eating those in the yard. They have not been tested and certified "fit for human consumption" by anyone. Unlike my prepared dishes which are tested, and tasted by myself and certified "delicious, and nutritious" and rightfully deserving of the "dish of the year" Blue Ribbon, you may never know what those mushrooms have been exposed to. They are a Fungus after all.

Be careful there, sure wouldn't want you to get sick or anything like that.

Rob

Be careful about eating those in the yard. They have not been tested and certified "fit for human consumption" by anyone. Unlike my prepared dishes which are tested, and tasted by myself and certified "delicious, and nutritious" and rightfully deserving of the "dish of the year" Blue Ribbon, you may never know what those mushrooms have been exposed to. They are a Fungus after all.

Be careful there, sure wouldn't want you to get sick or anything like that.

Rob

oh, I wouldn't eat those odd looking orange mushrooms in the yard-I just eat the ones growing in the compost pile :wacko:

But a true mushroom story-I used to haul chips and pulpwood from Buckingham,Va. to Westvaco in Covington. Rt. 60 west of Amherst goes across the mountains and a couple of guys that lived up that way,one in Amherst and the other in Lexinton,both said they would go out in the woods after it rained and get mushrooms from under poplar trees.They said that was the only time you could find them,after it rained,and only under poplar trees.Both said they were delicious fried.

oh, I wouldn't eat those odd looking orange mushrooms in the yard-I just eat the ones growing in the compost pile wacko.gif

But a true mushroom story-I used to haul chips and pulpwood from Buckingham,Va. to Westvaco in Covington. Rt. 60 west of Amherst goes across the mountains and a couple of guys that lived up that way,one in Amherst and the other in Lexinton,both said they would go out in the woods after it rained and get mushrooms from under poplar trees.They said that was the only time you could find them,after it rained,and only under poplar trees.Both said they were delicious fried.

They are correct and believe it or not, very good just as picked. When sliced and diced, they go well with groundhog ribs too.

Rob

They are correct and believe it or not, very good just as picked. When sliced and diced, they go well with groundhog ribs too.

Rob

I'm alittle surprised you guys haven't brought up the much needed vegetable " The RAMP " it is an east Tennessee onion. Joe you could have told them about the ramp festival held in your location each year. It would be great with what Rob is fixing. It goes with anything to help flavor it.

mike

I'm alittle surprised you guys haven't brought up the much needed vegetable " The RAMP " it is an east Tennessee onion. Joe you could have told them about the ramp festival held in your location each year. It would be great with what Rob is fixing. It goes with anything to help flavor it.

mike

I've had ramps before. I asked Joe about them once and I don't think he'd ever heard of them. Every little town in West Virginia has a ramp festival in the spring, they're crazy about them up there. I thought they were OK, just scrambled in eggs with crumbled up fatback, but I wouldn't travel out of my way to get them.

mike

Never heard of em unless they are referred to by a different name in these parts.

Rob