Talk About Over Sized Loads...

Barry

Here are some pics of a 387 ton power station transformer being moved near our location! The load required 2 pullers and 1 pusher truck (1-Autocar, 1-Mack RD800 & 1-Western Star) Who wants to count all the tires? LOL

Enjoy...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Do you know who made the haul? The Autocar looks like Marino Crane's. They have some good looking prime movers. I've seen them at shows and working.

Chuck

The company is Mammoet...I am not sure where the are from though...

bmodel_logo.png

The company is Mammoet...I am not sure where the are from though...

Nice pics Barry.

Mammoet is a Dutch heavy haul company that operates world wide. The move seems to be done by Marino Crane, possibly subcontracted by Mammoet. Marino has one impressive Mack they use to haul stuff with.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Here is another pic I scanned from the local paper...poor quality, but it shows the RD800 dragging the load all by itself!

bmodel_logo.png

Barry, great pictures and thanks for finding them. There is something about those big steel nose Macks that are very appealing,Tim

Tim, I couldent agree with you more. Those steel hood Macks look real tough and sharp at the same time. Too bad they dont offer a steel hood anymore.

And are those rear axles on it planetary hub reduction? the hub end looks real fat for a regular 58-65k rear. That or its just the angle.

-Thad

Tim, I couldent agree with you more. Those steel hood Macks look real tough and sharp at the same time. Too bad they dont offer a steel hood anymore.

And are those rear axles on it planetary hub reduction? the hub end looks real fat for a regular 58-65k rear. That or its just the angle.

I can't tell from the pictures if the RD has panetary rears or 58's? But they ends do look flat. A steel nose all decked out is the meanest looking truck on the road(next to a superliner)! Tim

:SMOKIE-LFT::mack1: nice pictures mammoet is one off the largest heavy haul companys in the world they are working a lot for the oil industrie the dm 800 belongs normaly to there green bayou location near houston texas headqaurters of the mammoet company is in rosharon south off houston on rt 521 on there lot stays the superliner daycab and you can look also on www.mammoet.com :SMOKIE-RT::chili::chili:

I can't tell from the pictures if the RD has panetary rears or 58's? But they ends do look flat. A steel nose all decked out is the meanest looking truck on the road(next to a superliner)! Tim

The hubs kind of resemble the Renault planetary axles used on Australian Titans. It looks like it has demountable rims but that can be done with trilex wheel adaptors. I am really curious if those are planetary axles, possibly added on or custom orderd.

Here is a pic of the Renault axles:

-Thad

• 3 weeks later...