Tr722 Pto

jdazimuth

I'll give this another shot, I'm not looking for what transmission my truck should or should not have. While I am an admitted Mack novice I can read fine. I have a 1977 MB685. It was built in April of 1977 with a 237 Motor and a TR722 Transmission. I am the second owner and this transmission, while never breaking speed records, has done everything asked of it and performed superbly. It gets my forms wherever and back including the occasional reverse and now I am asking it to dump a dumpster once a week. For that I need a PTO, if any one knows a serial number for an original tulsa, chelsea, or any other PTO it would give me a starting point. Right side preferred. Thanks again.

John

I'll give this another shot, I'm not looking for what transmission my truck should or should not have. While I am an admitted Mack novice I can read fine. I have a 1977 MB685. It was built in April of 1977 with a 237 Motor and a TR722 Transmission. I am the second owner and this transmission, while never breaking speed records, has done everything asked of it and performed superbly. It gets my forms wherever and back including the occasional reverse and now I am asking it to dump a dumpster once a week. For that I need a PTO, if any one knows a serial number for an original tulsa, chelsea, or any other PTO it would give me a starting point. Right side preferred. Thanks again.

John

Are you certain that truck was built with a TR72 series transmission? I seem to remember that maybe this truck was built from a glider kit but that could be another thread. The single countershaft transmissions had been discontinued as of that timeframe on a production basis but anything is possible.

Obtaining a new pto for the old style transmission is nothing short of someone having the parts leftover in dead stock. The spacer plate and gear has been/was discontinued by Chelsea in 1981 as an active part, and therfore will be the difficult to obtain. The PTO itself is common to many Mack transmissions, and some Clark/Hurth.

If if were up to me, I would look to change the transmission to a more modern one as parts for the TR series are scarce and when you can find them, very expensive.

Good luck with your project.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'll give this another shot, I'm not looking for what transmission my truck should or should not have. While I am an admitted Mack novice I can read fine.

We're all just trying to help you, no need to get sarcastic.

I have a 1977 MB685.

An MB685 with a 5 speed would have been equipped with a TRL107, TRL1076, or TRL1078 from the factory.

It was built in April of 1977 with a 237 Motor and a TR722 Transmission. I am the second owner and this transmission, while never breaking speed records, has done everything asked of it and performed superbly. It gets my forms wherever and back including the occasional reverse and now I am asking it to dump a dumpster once a week. For that I need a PTO, if any one knows a serial number for an original tulsa, chelsea, or any other PTO it would give me a starting point. Right side preferred. Thanks again.

John

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

A PTO from any 72 series transmission should work,be it a 5 speed,duplex,triplex or quad.If I get a chance I'll look at one of mine and see if I can find some numbers.

Mike, instead of that, maybe you should just sell him the TRL1076 and corresponding PTO as a package deal. :thumb:

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"