TL -

I would start by listing the truck, with photos, here on Big Mack Trucks in the "For Sale" forum.

I would also advertise the truck in the ATHS "Wheels of Time" magazine.

The description has to be honest and accurate. This is a very small community of old truck enthusiasts.

E-Bay and/or Craig's List are also OK, if you can deal with all of the flakes and bad bidders.

At least we don't have any flakes here. Some really strange folks - but no flakes.

Definitely start with a listing here - it's free, and you never know - someone might be right close

by you who would buy the truck.

Good Luck,

Paul Van Scott

At least we don't have any flakes here. Some really strange folks - but no flakes.

Good Luck,

Paul Van Scott

Aww, shucks. Why do I feel "picked on" again?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i live in washington now. but i use to race stock cars in farmington years ago.lived in peoria

Peoria Speedway on Farmington Road? It is still a big draw on Friday and Saturday nights. I used to be there a lot in the 70's when I worked with/built bodies for a couple of racers. I lived in Springfield and worked, Shaheen's in Springfield, (defunct) Macon County Speedway, Tom Knowles, (Canton, IL), Granite City IL, Alton IL, and several others.

What were some of the names around when you were a participant?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Peoria Speedway on Farmington Road? It is still a big draw on Friday and Saturday nights. I used to be there a lot in the 70's when I worked with/built bodies for a couple of racers. I lived in Springfield and worked, Shaheen's in Springfield, (defunct) Macon County Speedway, Tom Knowles, (Canton, IL), Granite City IL, Alton IL, and several others.

What were some of the names around when you were a participant?

Rob

i guess i have been out here about 28 years. time does go by fast. but when i ran there some of the drivers were strube bros,jerry rodell,les snow,ron weeden,ray guss sr.herb shannon,don bolander. i set here thinking about the names wondering how many are still around. i never was a big name but had just as much fun. i think the most famous person i raced was johnnie beauchamp which was a blast. there are probley more names that will crop up during the day.

i guess i have been out here about 28 years. time does go by fast. but when i ran there some of the drivers were strube bros,jerry rodell,les snow,ron weeden,ray guss sr.herb shannon,don bolander. i set here thinking about the names wondering how many are still around. i never was a big name but had just as much fun. i think the most famous person i raced was johnnie beauchamp which was a blast. there are probley more names that will crop up during the day.

I haven't heard Johnny Beauchamps' name in a lot of years. Don't know if he is still racing or not. I've not been around any of that since the early 80's. I do remember he was fairly aggressive in a stock car.

I moved onto winged sprints about 1980 as the speeds were greater as were the purses. My wife drove push truck/recovery, (as did I) and we painted many, many cars that ran that circuit. I had some very strong engines in my personal vehicles build by some of the best mechanics and machinists in the area. This was of course when a competitive engine could be built for less than $3000.00.

Ahhh, the days, the memories......

Rob

I haven't heard Johnny Beauchamps' name in a lot of years. Don't know if he is still racing or not. I've not been around any of that since the early 80's. I do remember he was fairly aggressive in a stock car.

I moved onto winged sprints about 1980 as the speeds were greater as were the purses. My wife drove push truck/recovery, (as did I) and we painted many, many cars that ran that circuit. I had some very strong engines in my personal vehicles build by some of the best mechanics and machinists in the area. This was of course when a competitive engine could be built for less than $3000.00.

Ahhh, the days, the memories......

Rob

ahhh, the memories of personal cars. one of my favorite was when i was 18 yrs old. i bought a monte carlo from a family friend. i assumed it just had a 350. but when i went to look at it, i about crapped when under the hood was a 454. man, we had a lot of fun tearing up the roads in that. i couldn't hardly pay them quick enough. it took awhile to get all the carbon blowed out of the 4 barrel. but when we did..............

aj :banana:

ahhh, the memories of personal cars. one of my favorite was when i was 18 yrs old. i bought a monte carlo from a family friend. i assumed it just had a 350. but when i went to look at it, i about crapped when under the hood was a 454. man, we had a lot of fun tearing up the roads in that. i couldn't hardly pay them quick enough. it took awhile to get all the carbon blowed out of the 4 barrel. but when we did..............
Edited by t l mason