Regional Popularity

I notice :mack1: seems to be popular in the Northeast as far as OTR/regional and garbage hauling operations is concerned. Here in the Mid-West :mack1: is popular with garbage outfits, dump outfits, tanker outfits, and not really popular as far as OTR/regional operations. Are :mack1: popular anywhere else besides the Northeast and Mid-West, if so in what type of operations are they popular in? I get excited when I see a :mack1: in OTR/regional operations because it's a rare site to see with other junk trucks being on the road due to companies purchasing them for cheap.

Dm and Rd800's are still popular in Kentucky mines there not much else that'll pack a load off coal like them. They average 40 to 45 tons but I've seen 75 tons on there backs before hauling offroad but they usually hold up for 25 to 30 years doing a job that would kill any thing else. I just got through putting a turned over 78 model dm 800 back together new stands trunnion a subframe and bed. Frames ok so it should last another 10 years easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a new Wallis Mack which is a petroleum carrier/gas station chain based out of Cuba, Missouri.Wallis Companies I seen the Mack running out of BP and HWRT here in South Roxana/Hartford. They seem to run mostly Pete 379's but they got a KW T660 along with a Pete 386. I like the Mack the best, I think they got another newer Mack Rawhide dressed up but I'm not positive on that. I know of another petroleum outfit that runs a couple 04 and newer Mack's. I guess Mack is making a comeback, at least I hope anyway!

post-3973-12584681272451_thumb.jpg

AP Noonan(Delta Bulk) was a long time Mack user and still has many CH's and RD's. Over the last five years or so they were buying KW T-800's and Pete 379's. The other day on 95 in Connecticut I spotted a brandi new Axle forward Pinnacle for Delta Bulk. Most of their trucks are kept up pretty well. Looks like they are giving Mack a look again. :clap:

AP Noonan(Delta Bulk) was a long time Mack user and still has many CH's and RD's. Over the last five years or so they were buying KW T-800's and Pete 379's. The other day on 95 in Connecticut I spotted a brandi new Axle forward Pinnacle for Delta Bulk. Most of their trucks are kept up pretty well. Looks like they are giving Mack a look again. clap.gif

People make mistakes, that's the human part of our nature. The intelligent come back around. Ones that don't learn from their mistakes are doomed, and repeat them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

People make mistakes, that's the human part of our nature. The intelligent come back around. Ones that don't learn from their mistakes are doomed, and repeat them.

Rob

It's all natural selection, right?

I think in my area the sale was made by the dealer. There are a few loyalists either way but many small fleets had the dealer *sell* them. Mack and KW have been back and forth with popularity depending on the sales and service. In the mid-late 90's and early 00's, Mack had it goin on...now the tides have turned and KW has run away due to their above and beyond service dept.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg