Convert Brownie To Air Shift

perk

I am hoping to get some help here. I have got a 3 spd brownie that I am trying to convert to an sir shift, but am having a hard time finding air cylinders to do so. Anyone have a direction that they can point me in?

Edited by perk

I am hoping to get some help here. I have got a 3 spd brownie that I am trying to convert to an sir shift, but am having a hard time finding air cylinders to do so. Anyone have a direction that they can point me in?
A spicer air shift has different slideing clutchs and main shaft gears than a manual shift. The contact teeth are cut square on a air shift for a no scrap shift. Dont know if you are trying to put air cylinders on a manual shifter cover or not.

glenn akers

Why anyone would want to convert a 2 stick setup to a "sissy stick" is beyond me.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Why anyone would want to convert a 2 stick setup to a "sissy stick" is beyond me.

ha ha he he he thats funny right there.. i ldon't care what anybody says thats funny...

Hey I need to do the same thing to a 4 speed spicer for a project.... it wil not be shifted on the move , I need an auxillary with at least 5 to one reduction in its lowest gear. going to turn it with a hydrostat..... PS I have a bunch of air cylinders if your interested.. call me 715-279-5550 will have to determine diameter and stroke needed to operate your browny (diameter will determine the force that the cylinder will put out)

ha ha he he he thats funny right there.. i ldon't care what anybody says thats funny...

Hey I need to do the same thing to a 4 speed spicer for a project.... it wil not be shifted on the move , I need an auxillary with at least 5 to one reduction in its lowest gear. going to turn it with a hydrostat..... PS I have a bunch of air cylinders if your interested.. call me 715-279-5550 will have to determine diameter and stroke needed to operate your browny (diameter will determine the force that the cylinder will put out)

I have seen this done on spicer aux but the thing to remenber is when the air cylinger you put on it has a longer stroke than needed you have to make a stop for the stoke to be limted to when the shift is made or overwise the pressure from the cylinder pushing the fork against the sliding clutch will eat the slider and yoke. The fork needs to be held in gear only with the poppet spring and ball. So this need to be calulated and a stop made to limit the travel no more than the poppet location on the rail. I never have looked at one close but a eternal would not be hard to set up.some of the trico air cylinder can have their stroke limited by shorten the barrel that the end plates are bolted to by putting them on a lathe and makeing a cut were needed. I know you will hear some one say they have done it with out doing this but i know extra pressure on the shifter fork will eat the fork.

glenn akers

A spicer air shift has different slideing clutchs and main shaft gears than a manual shift. The contact teeth are cut square on a air shift for a no scrap shift. Dont know if you are trying to put air cylinders on a manual shifter cover or not.

I am trying to put air cylinders on a manual shift aux.

Point well taken on the stroke.