Model B Build Sheet Info Deciphering

Ossablt, I don't think you can tell from the build sheet. But the axle numbers from the build sheet can be looked up in the service manual to find the weight ratings. Do you have your axle / bogie numbers ?

The build sheets that I have show the axle weight ratings and

the gross vehicle weights on the 1st page of the order near the

bottom. I checked two of them to be sure.

I just got the State of New York to accept that info, with the Museum

logo on the cover sheet as good enough info to license the old girl.

I didn't have any paperwork or registration for the truck. But I had

my Museum copies................

Seemed pretty lucky to run into a rational minded DMV person,

who was willing to listen to reason by actually reading the factory

build sheet!!

Who says New York is all bad????????

The replies here that say the axle model numbers are on the sheet

are correct too. And a Mack dealer can take those model numbers and

get you a lot of information on the units, including the weight ratings,

bearing and seal info, kingpin info etc.

Good Stuff!

Paul Van Scott

I have the sales/build records from the Mack museum. Some of the copies are a little hard to read. I am not sure what numbers that I need to use. Some of the numbers are as follows

1st page {front axle?}

CRDP 92

11 KHA 556 AP 33

64 KHA 345 AP 2

2nd page {rear axle?}

CRD 93

11 KHA 4134 AP 19

64 KHA 345 P2

This truck is in good shape, but the rear axles, aux trans & front brakes have been removed. It appears that it had a camelback that mounted on the outside of the frame rails. It now has a single with a tag. I would like to get it back close to what it had from the factory.

I would also like to know if it came with spoke or budd wheels on the rear.

Since it is a 1958 I would think the rear came with spoke wheels. Mine is a 1962 with single axle and CRD 78 carrier with spoke wheels. The truck I have looks like it has had no changes since new. The spoke wheels stayed around until the late 60's...I'm almost certain about that.

mike

I have the sales/build records from the Mack museum. Some of the copies are a little hard to read. I am not sure what numbers that I need to use. Some of the numbers are as follows

1st page {front axle?}

CRDP 92

11 KHA 556 AP 33

64 KHA 345 AP 2

2nd page {rear axle?}

CRD 93

11 KHA 4134 AP 19

64 KHA 345 P2

This truck is in good shape, but the rear axles, aux trans & front brakes have been removed. It appears that it had a camelback that mounted on the outside of the frame rails. It now has a single with a tag. I would like to get it back close to what it had from the factory.

I would also like to know if it came with spoke or budd wheels on the rear.

CRDP92 & CRD93 differentials are used in the 34,000lb, 38,000 lb., and 44'000 lb. Mack tandems.

You state that it appears to have had a camelback mounted on the outside of the rails, so that, combined with those differential numbers suggests to me that it had 44,000 camelback.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Ossablt, The numbers you list are for the dual reduction rear axle carriers, which could have been used in a few different bogies. My service manual shows CRDP 92 & CRD 93 used in the SWD 57 series bogie rated at 38,000 lbs, the SWD 571, SWD 572, Swd 573 series bogies rated at 40,000 lbs. The 40,000lb models differ by having presed or cast steel housing, and or bronze or rubber trunnion bushings..

As for build sheets, I have them for three trucks, all three are different, and none show the axle weight ratings. The bogie numbers are found in different places on all three also.

Thanks for all the help...I did find the SWD 57 on the build sheet and then a follow up page showing a change at the Portland branch to the SWD 571.

On the frame I can see the outline of where the suspension attached on the outside of the frame. There is two somewhat triangle shaped outlines between the duals and then the same pattern before and after the axles. What would the outer two be for?