Mack Interior Paint Code

jakebrake86

Hey Y'all I know Ive asked about this before but I was just wondering if anyone out there had an old bucket of the beige interior paint used in R, DM, and U models in the mid-70's to mid-80's... I cant seem to find anything close and I was trying to save from spending $200 on a gallon of paint. My last name might be Moneymaker, but that doesn't necesarilly mean I live up to it LOL... If no one has any of the actual paint, how about a code? The Mack place couldn't find me one. Thanks!

Jake

Find a local auto body &paint store that sells PPG paint. Back in that era PPG was the OEM paint supplier for Mack. I have an old Mack catalog here that shows the same #s as what dclerici had in the previous post. Have the paint store look up the # & hopefully they should be able to custom mix it for you. I have always used PPG products when re painting my trucks and they have always performed well. Also, I just noticed that the # in this book for the Mack green is the same as the PPG # for that color, so hopefully that # for the beige is also a PPG # as well. BTW, when you go to the paint store, take a piece of the interior with you(ash tray, upper dash panel etc.) just to be sure the color they come up with is correct. Hope this helps.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

anybody know off hand what the paint code is for the basic dark green used on the B models. I'd like to repaint my 1961 B61, the AZ sun has not been kind to it. The interior green code too? Kind of a money green

Hey Y'all I know Ive asked about this before but I was just wondering if anyone out there had an old bucket of the beige interior paint used in R, DM, and U models in the mid-70's to mid-80's... I cant seem to find anything close and I was trying to save from spending $200 on a gallon of paint. My last name might be Moneymaker, but that doesn't necesarilly mean I live up to it LOL... If no one has any of the actual paint, how about a code? The Mack place couldn't find me one. Thanks!

The Mack paint code for Mack truck green is 40496PP. The PPG # is also 40496. Thats the "classic" Mack green , like whats on the truck in my avatar. I always use the PPG acrylic enamel with the hardener, very easy to work with & shines like crazy. Just be sure to use an approved respirator, any paint like that with isocyanates is very bad for your health. I do not have a code for the B model interior color, perhaps someone else will chime in here if they have it. Good luck, Herb

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I found a spray can of Mack light beige Mack part number 312sx106p1 this matches the interior on our companies 1975 DM 800. I also found a can of PPG Duracryl DIA 23789 dark beige that matches the interior three of our 1981 R-600 Macks.