Air Or Eletric Windows

I have driven a few superliners with electric powered pass window. If I remember correctly it was a black box mounted to the door that housed a motor and gear for the window regulater. It was ugly looking and blocked some needed space in the passenger aera. Im not shure if you can still get these motors. air would be great but Im thinking you would have to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak

Superdog- why would you want to use air to raise windows- and electric is so simple and always available. I'd hate to have to air up to get the window open. I added electric windows to my B67- its a piece of cake. Can use any number of kits for the prupose- all work abouut the same. You have gobs of space available. Check the streetrod guys. They have this figgered out

Superdog- why would you want to use air to raise windows- and electric is so simple and always available. I'd hate to have to air up to get the window open. I added electric windows to my B67- its a piece of cake. Can use any number of kits for the prupose- all work abouut the same. You have gobs of space available. Check the streetrod guys. They have this figgered out

i kinda wanted air windows but im not sure if they are better or worse than electric. what do you prefer?

Chad

user posted image

I have seen and repaired both in the shop. I have purchased an electric kit for one of my B models as everything is quite compact and I can run the wires for the motors on the back sides of the lower door hinges (out of sight). Also, they can be overridden if a motor fails by "popping off" an escrutchen plate by hand, and placing a window crank on the shaft. Quite simple and foolproof actually, and the finished look is nice.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

dale, mind telling which window kit you used? were you able to install it one piece like a non power unit? scott