Mud Flap Holders

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY MUD FLAPS HOLDERS FOR DUMP TRUCKS THAT HOLD THE FLAPS WITH SPRING PRESSURE SO IF YOU BACK INTO A PILE, THE FLAP PULLS OUT WITHOUT DAMAGE AND CAN PUT BACK INTO PLACE QUICKLY. ALSO LOOKING TO BUY CHROME BULLDOGS THAT GO ON TOP OF ROOKIE RODS, [GUIDE STICKS] WHERE DO YOU BUY THEM? THANKS FOR ANY HELP. :huh:

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

any good truck stop or chrome shop will have the spring hangers. some will just have a coiled rod that will relive some stress and then ther are the expencive ones that will have a spring inside the tube to help keep flaps on.. no ,matter how much the flap holder bends. the flaps can still tear off easy...sound to me like all you need to do is adjust your mirrors!!!! LOL... :P Just kidding!

the dogs can be found on ebay. I think the dog you want is the ones used on the ash trays? somone here will know for shure about this ..

Trent

Check with your local Mack Dealer, they sell the bumper guides and the small bulldogs that go on top. The bulldogs cost $35.00 each and the guide poles cost $35.00 each also. The part number for the bulldogs is 282SX11, and the part number for the guide poles is MH36. Hope this helps. Art :thumb:

The zip tie is a good idea. the guys out in my area drill little holes in the bottom of the mud flap and weld a hook where the flap bolts on at the top then just hook the on the hook before they back up. Mostly asphalt haulers do this so the paver im runnin dont rip them off and keeps the asphalt off them.

I have the hook and loops on the flaps already, they work fine if you can get the drivers to let go of the steering wheel and get out of the truck to hook them up, but on jobs when your dumping 20 or more loads a day, drivers get lazy. I saw a truck once with brackets spring loaded that the bracket does not move, its bolted right to the truck solid. You use just a small pipe about 18 inches long to open the clamp and then you slide the flap in. If you do forget to look in the mirror and do back into a pile the flap just pulls out and can be put right back in. I check the local mack shop and they never heard of them.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 4 weeks later...