Little Joe

michael c

One of these days when I get rich and powerful ha ha I would like to build a b triaxle. There were a match pair at one time I don't know what happen to LITTLE JOE the other LITTLE JENNY was turned over and burnt. I found another factory triaxle years ago but when I returned a few months later to buy it they had cut it for scrap. I was to young to remember them but they were always my favorite. When we were little me and my two brothers would load up in the old R "OLD BLUE" and go with grandad back in the woods behind the shop and load a load of coal and head to the Hickory tipple or down to Poland and fire up the ol 175 michigan and load a load of bank gravel and truck it up. Usually at some point by the end of the day end up at the dairy queen under the shade tree. GOOD TIMES!

One of these days when I get rich and powerful ha ha I would like to build a b triaxle. There were a match pair at one time I don't know what happen to LITTLE JOE the other LITTLE JENNY was turned over and burnt. I found another factory triaxle years ago but when I returned a few months later to buy it they had cut it for scrap. I was to young to remember them but they were always my favorite. When we were little me and my two brothers would load up in the old R "OLD BLUE" and go with grandad back in the woods behind the shop and load a load of coal and head to the Hickory tipple or down to Poland and fire up the ol 175 michigan and load a load of bank gravel and truck it up. Usually at some point by the end of the day end up at the dairy queen under the shade tree. GOOD TIMES!

Hi Michael, welcome to the site from me also. What series of truck was "Little Joe"? He looks to have a short hood like a B-67 and only having the one lower chrome strip on the hood such as that model had. I've never seen a B-67 series with the real heavy front hubs, or rear axles like that either. I'm wondering is someone "built" the truck using possibly B-53 series underpinnings? Sure was a good looking unit and obviously well cared for.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.