The New Kid....

Lil Danny

Hey guys, I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm 16 years old and I've loved trucks and heavy equipment all my life. Since I was 8, I've been riding with a heavy haulage firm from around here called Malbros. I know I'm still young, but I love getting up for work every morning ( when not in school... ). We have a 1967 Autocar that we call Brutus. Malbros also owned a DM-800 with planetary rears and a 350 cummins. Anyway, we have a variety of trucks in our fleet, with one Mack remaining ( a tri-axle Superliner ) with a 425 Cat 3406, 46K rears with Mack suspension, and a 12 speed Fuller trans. She's old and pulls like hell !

I also have a keen interested in the older Mack's. Not much a fan of the newer iron though. I'll get some pictures up in the appropriate section sooner or later.

Here's a link to my latest video if you guys are interested, click here.

Thanks for your time !

- Danny

2cx7txy.jpg

Danny,

Great video. And a beautiful old A-Car.

What is your association to Malbro's?

I'm just curious. It's a great way to gain experience

when you can start young and see it all first-hand.

I was a resident pest to my Uncle who is also in the specialized

heavy haul business. Now I'm a lot older - and an expert pest!!

They still don't let me play with sharp tools.

Welcome to our site.

Paul Van Scott

Welcome to the broads,i to use to go to work with my dad, ( he drove lowboy for a fairly good size company ), i would climb up on the big old D9s, One was called Big Ben and the other one was silent sam, i went on working in the shop when i was 14 after school and weekends, i also ran lowboy with my dad then ran the big iron for 25 yrs, i seen alot thu the yrs, i ended my career running a D 11 but i would still like to go back and and run the old D9 (jus not very long

Thanks a ton for the kind welcomes guys ! My neighbor has been working for them for close to 20 years now. I started off riding with him and now he's got me earnin' a pay-check and my name on the rig. I don't care about that though. I'm doing what I love. My parents and I have an agreement that if I get anything below a C on my report card I don't go to work. Can't let myself slip...and no that dosen't mean I get straight C's....

You all seem like a really good bunch of people here ! I'm glad to be aboard...

Edited by Lil Danny

- Danny

2cx7txy.jpg

Welcome aboard and I must say you have a very interesting job! I always loved the heavy haul aspect of trucking as the equipment gets big and more interesting. I have heard of Malbros but I did not know they also owned a DM800 with the planidrive axles. A fellow member (45LMSWM) used to work for Conforti and he has been helping me track down some of the big Mack trucks used in north east heavy hauling. With his help he pointed me to the largest truck Mack has ever made, the M100, which just happens to be in my area. I would like to know what became of that DM800 as Central Jersey Trucking has one that was originally powered with a 325HP ENDT865 V8 and a 5 speed! They replaced the V8 engine/trans with a 400HP CAT 3406A and put a Fuller 13 behind it with a Spicer 4 speed aux. It was built in Canada and originally pulled a dump trailer at a mine. I really would like to know what became of the Cummins powered beast that Malbros had, sounds similar to Centrals truck.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Welcome aboard and I must say you have a very interesting job! I always loved the heavy haul aspect of trucking as the equipment gets big and more interesting. I have heard of Malbros but I did not know they also owned a DM800 with the planidrive axles. A fellow member (45LMSWM) used to work for Conforti and he has been helping me track down some of the big Mack trucks used in north east heavy hauling. With his help he pointed me to the largest truck Mack has ever made, the M100, which just happens to be in my area. I would like to know what became of that DM800 as Central Jersey Trucking has one that was originally powered with a 325HP ENDT865 V8 and a 5 speed! They replaced the V8 engine/trans with a 400HP CAT 3406A and put a Fuller 13 behind it with a Spicer 4 speed aux. It was built in Canada and originally pulled a dump trailer at a mine. I really would like to know what became of the Cummins powered beast that Malbros had, sounds similar to Centrals truck.

Thad, I'm familiar with John ( 45LMSWM ) and Conforti. John is a great guy and he's taught me some really interesting facts about trucks and equipment in his area. Not to mention he drove one of our Ex-trucks for Conforti.

Our DM wound up in the Phillipines. From what 45LMSWM told me, and I hope this story is correct, W.J. Casey of Union, N.J sold us the DM after they re-built the cab. Once it was sold to us, a good friend of mine and the man who got me into my job, Johnny Baum put the planetary's in it for his first job at Malbros. I'll post a picture of the truck and I have a ton of photos of it I need to scan. Hopefully I can get to that soon...

Was the M100 the tractor that Gerosa had ? The Central Jersey truck is also a very cool piece of equipment. I'm also really fond of Frank Conforti's Mack DM's and his old Autocar.

Edited by Lil Danny

- Danny

2cx7txy.jpg