Cam For End 673

fuzzy buzzard

Got a good END 673 here, bottom end is on new bearings and the heads have been reworked BUT the owner said it lost a cam lobe so he donated it to ole Fuzzy Buzzard. Now, the old 3 stick Wide Body could use some fresher horsepower so that makes a spot for this good engine (after a cam). I haven't done much research yet (heck, what am I thinking - this is where the research starts!)- anybody out there in cyberland full of knowledge on 673 cams???? Were there a lot of different part numbers on them, what about tappets? Did different cams use different gears? Next question will be - anybody got one with a set of tappets?

Over & out from Ignorant Ridge

Tom

hi,

I have a 673 that I am going to tear down and use for parts. It ran ok untill it stuck so i would say the cam is just fine. Are you in a hurry?

Fred

Fred,

I'm always in a hurry, this job has been on the front burner for 10 months and you see how far I've gotten. Wait a minute, my stove ain't got any back burners - its a handicap version - cause I'm too short to reach the back burners! Thats why all my jobs are on the front burners - a LONG row of them.

Does your engine have a mechanical governor on the pump or a hydraulic governor? When you get to the cam, see if it has a part number stamped on it and holler at me, please.

Freightrain,

There is a turbo smoker here, was going to put it in G753 (another hurry job) since original engine is wore out. Then test drive a bit to see if it is any good before even thinking about putting in wide body. At the rate I hurry, I could have the bad cam engine wore out about the time I finish with the G753 engine swap and test. Sound like a plan? Then after turbo smoker is wore out in wide body (if it is any count to begin with), there is ENDT 676 here that need to ride. Planning, planning is the key here.

Over & out from Ignorant Ridge!

Tom