Need Some Help R600

n2deep

First we need to know what trans it is. their were a few diffrent 5 speeds if your not sure of the trans tell us what rear end ratios you have that will help.

A cheap swap would be a 6 speed. their was the older 2 stick 6 speed and a later air shift 6 speed that was commonly used with 4.17 rears. both good for about 63MPH in top gear at 2100

there was also the T2060 it was an over drive 6 speed but needed very slow rears to get the low reduction. it was also good for about 63MPH with 5.xx rears

If you currently have a T2050 you could also use a 7 or 8 speed to give you 2 real low speed crawling gears. and yet still do 63 MPH.

or if you want the dogs bone get the Mack 12 speed over drive. parts are harder to get and harder to find but that trans will let you crawl down low and get you home fast

Let us know what you have

Trent

Not for sure on either transmission or rearend. I've had the truck since I quit construction and never had more than filter changes and fluid check in 10 years. It was a tractor to begin with bought a new tractor but couldn't sell the R so made it a dump. I have the numbers off the trans if that would be any help.

Not for sure on either transmission or rearend. I've had the truck since I quit construction and never had more than filter changes and fluid check in 10 years. It was a tractor to begin with bought a new tractor but couldn't sell the R so made it a dump. I have the numbers off the trans if that would be any help.

trans. model or Rear Ratio, you can add a brownie box if this is a older truck say older than a 1988 pretty good chance its a direct drive, and the best and cheap option is to trade for a 6-spd , although t-2060's are getting cheaper

if its a 70s model you could get the 2 stick 6 speed or air shift 6 speed. both have direct drive in 5th. they give you a great low low gear, there was even a 6 speed that had a ultra low low gear for those guys that like to realy test the thickness of mud. as a bonus you get 5 reverse gears as well!!! Check ebay I see them sell for as low as $500

trent

The "older" six speed, (either two stick, or air shift) would suit you just fine. The low gear is less, (greater reduction) than the five speed and the top gear is still direct.

I have a TRXL-107 in one of my trucks that is the very low first gear. The low range is only used in the first gear position and it is very slow with a 23:1 reduction. This would be great for dump spreading work.

I will be getting rid of mine shortly as I'm installing another engine and transmission into this truck sometime in the next few months.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The numbers you need are stamped in the left hand side of the main box

If its a TRL1076 its a five speed with 2 rear countershafts

if its a TRL10780 its a five speed with 3 rear countershafts

The truck is to old for a T2050 unless someone installed it later you can identify this trans it only has one housing

Since your truck has been changed over to a dump trk I suggest TRXL1071A This is a six speed one stick with air knob

* you have to make shore your five speed is not overdrive as this trans will slow you down to much

Here is a symbol chart to help you

TR Transmission

L Lightweight (Alum Case)

D Duplex

T Triplex

X Extended range

G Seven speed range

107 Transmission series

6 Two rear counter shafts

8 Three rear countershafts

1 Extra low range

0 Overdrive

A Air shifted rear compound

All the numbers I can find at this time is. 107, 4X1833, P7.

You have a TR107 trans. Pretty standard 70's five speed behind a 237 Maxidyne series engine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You have a TR107 trans. Pretty standard 70's five speed behind a 237 Maxidyne series engine.

Rob

yep that 5 speed was a common trans for the over the road and city guys. nothing bad about it but its not that good for off road use... as you already know :P

I have the 2 stick 6 speed and run in the off road with it. there have only been a few times that a lower gear would have helped me get out of a hole. but then I would run into the issue that drive shafts will twist off. regardless I have only got the truck stuck only once in a dump and was pushed out by a dozer

Trent