2005 427 asset egr

53 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Can the egr be completely removed and capped off?   what kind of aftermarket support is there for this?

yup have seen this done never done it !  however no support! Essentially  if you put a plate beneath  the EGR valve and the manifold flow is stopped no need to arouse suspicion! mums the word! removing the cooler means you got coolant line and stuff to plug just extra work! 

• Like 1

I gotcha I understand now what you’re saying and I can see that that manifold flow would stop now that I’m picturing this in my head I’m just trying to figure out how to eliminate some of the things that aren’t working anyway, so they’re either taking up space or leaking you know what I’m saying

You first need to check the operation of the vgt ! as stated if it strokes correctly once you confirm that and plug the egr if the egr valve is commanded open by the puter it won't matter no egr gona flow and it will not loose any ability to spool the turbo! essentially becomes a normal engine !I did this to a customers truck 2005 chn  years ago the truck lived a long life aside from a the check engine light being on all the time the truck did over 1 million miles!  no problems to speak  of !

• Like 2

The VGT is the type of turbo you have, the air valve on the driver side is the controller, there is a small ECU on the back side of the EECU that controlls the VGT. There is a small spin in air filter at the valve, it needs annual replacement..

Hi, I did this to our 07’ CHN during a total overhaul.   We made a plate to remove and cover the opening for the valve using 1/4” plate steel, cut out a template on cardboard and traced it onto the steel, used new gaskets and bolts.  For the oil lines I went to my hydraulic shop and got some plugs/caps to remove the lines completely from the source. We made caps for the two coolant lines and the egr intake port. Disconnect and remove all egr associated wiring.  We removed the entire egr valve, crossover tube, egr cooler, and all the lines.   The result was a much cleaner engine bay, the truck runs perfect and I’m satisfied knowing it won’t introduce exhaust gas back into the engine. The only side effect will be the engine light permanently on. Other than that, the truck has been running great for almost two years since we did it.  

Clean looking engine! 

I never understood why more people don't mess with the AC engines. Seems like a EGR block off plate and a different turbo are all it takes to have a good motor.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

That's a sharp looking engine. I love the colors, just hate the association to MP engines. 

I hate that I love the colors on the MP engines. The darker red and gray go really well together. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Heinz said:

I hate that I love the colors on the MP engines. The darker red and gray go really well together. 

It’s a love/hate relationship for me, when the mp’s work they work great! Until it’s time for repairs 😂 I have always loved the colors too, hence the color scheme on this one after rebuild 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Clean looking engine! 

I never understood why more people don't mess with the AC engines. Seems like a EGR block off plate and a different turbo are all it takes to have a good motor.

If you can get past the cam issues on these AC’s, they’re GREAT engines.   This one in particular got larger injectors and home made egr delete. Since I can’t get tune files anymore from my dealer, I got a used 460p ecu and it was a major upgrade from the 380hp file it had.  I never got it dyno’d but it makes impressive power! 

I just put u in a post exhaust manifold is cracked bad can’t believe I couldn’t see it it’s where I knew it was leaking but thought just a gasket a buddy has it in his shop was gona just put the compressor turbo gasket and manifold gasket on. I had to step away and take care of my dad. Turns out he has Lou Gehrig’s disease not Parkinson’s so worse than what we thought have to get a manifold. I was hoping you guys. could help me find the right one if my buddy can’t

Heinz? Pai? Mack? Which section is cracked Center? While it’s apart have him make a proper 1/8 thick block off plate for under the egr valve!

I answered him in the other thread he posted in, PAI has the front/rear section available alone and with the studs/bolts. I made him a quote and am talking with our foreman that offered to help complete the transaction. If only I were allowed to sell to him directly, would make this a lot easier. I also recommended he look into making an account with us if he wants to keep buying from us, I could do just about everything a lot easier. 

• Like 2

Guys I can’t tell what thread I’m in or out of maybe should start a new one I think it’s just the front 1/3 that’s cracked I haven’t seen it yet going in the morning to make sure if exactly what I need

• Like 1

all good buddy.  you have a couple threads going, but its cool..  You are in need of answers..  as you can tell there is a bunch of us helping you steer the ship..  Jojo