The rain gutters that run along the top of the doors,has anyone removed them before?Mine has a little damage,looks like they are spot welded like everything else.Thinking if I can’t straighten them out will cut the bad area out and just replace.

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0281.jpeg

I had to on my L cab, but that needed a lot of work. On my B42, I just worked them in place. I made a few dollies out of round bar stock and flat stock. The round stock fit inside the lip and the flat stock was used as a handle, welded together. If there’s no rot or other damage, I would try to work them in place. If there’s signs of rot, I would look at removal to get in there and stop it. Clean up both sides of the gutter as best you can to expose the seams and spot welds to come up with a plan to cut them apart. A wire wheel on a 4” angle grinder and a good quality spot weld cutter are your friends there to open it up.

B2F40D11-8DEE-4702-BE31-09AC145A318C.jpeg

F52D8EDC-4D29-48FB-814F-9A7AF8B99B21.jpeg

5F9A94C3-B277-4DE1-BFAB-885444F5B5BD.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

I’m glad you answered his question, I remembered you having to repair yours. 

I had to fabricate new ones as the originals and a pair I salvaged were only good for patterns. They’re fragile once you cut them off due to corrosion and loss of material from the spot weld cutter. If you can fix them in place or just repair small segments, that’s a little easier.

• Like 2

Here is another pair of tools I used to work my gutters. Two small slip joint pliers. Because of their twist I could reach inside the gutter lip and work small sections back into shape, then I used my little dolly and smallest body hammer to finish off the gutter. That small hammer is probably my most used one out of my set. Light taps, backed up with a dolly can do a lot of straightening.

IMG_0874.jpeg

• Like 1