I am in the very slow process of restoring my 64 B873SX.My question to all of you is are the cab mounts the same on the B80’s and the B61’s? I am mostly interested in the back 2,seems like the holes that go through the cab don’t quite line up with the holes in the plate on the bottom of the cab.I have access to a good cab off of a b61.

cant be any slower than my 30 year hardly done anything project...lol.....i know almost nothing about B models....i cant say one way or the other,,,but dont see why they would be differant other that possibly beefier...bob

If you're talking about the rubber discs, I believe they are the same. The only difference in the mounts were between the cab and radiator. The cab ones had solid almost solid backs with a little ridge around the base. While the radiator ones had cupped backsides, making for a softer mount. The ones I've bought were all the same, now.

As for the structural parts, they should at least line up. Mack advertised their "Diamond" pattern cab support, having four points of contact with the frame. Two in the center of the cab back. Then one under each corner of the forward cab points. Finally, another pair under the radiator. 

The only differences I've seen between the B81 and B61 cabs, was where they dropped the floor a few inches under the driver's feet. Pictures would help to see what your issue is?

• Like 2

mattb73lt,I am talking about the 2 mounts in the back.The 2 holes on top in the back don’t quite line up with the 2 on the bottom of the cab.I will walk out to the garage and get a picture of what I’m talking about.Been laid up last couple of days been in the hospital with some heart issues.

Here’s the pictures,1st is looking down from inside of cab,2rd is looking up from bottom.I can get the holes to lineup on the left side in the first picture.I am wondering if it just easier to cut out the whole mount area and replace it with a better one or to try and get the holes to lineup.IMG_0273.thumb.jpeg.171a1df18e7e657e854806f63f6266fd.jpegIMG_0271.thumb.jpeg.42ee4ba18adae545b461d9162461c4bf.jpeg

First, take care of yourself and heal up! Glad you're home.

So when you drop the bolts down from inside the cab they don't pass through the lower portion to the exterior and protrude? The interior spacing looks standard and unless someone replaced the lower mount or it's damaged, the bolts should pass straight though. All three holes should line right up, interior to exterior and then the bolts should continue through the frame mount.

• Like 1