Dash code meaning?

2005 Mack Granite CV713. ABS light comes on and off. Lightning bolt occasionally comes on. Pressing both black buttons on dash I'm getting codes S004-7 M136 and S002-08 M128.  I know M128 is engine code and M136 ABS code, but it would be helpful to know specific code so I can tackle just one sensor. Thanks. 

Since it's a Granite..  I bet one of the rear wheel sensors has a bad wire.. keep it simple. ABS ecu are pretty tough.  The ABS wires are supposed to be clipped to the s-cam housing , when they fall off they can get damaged.  But I would focus on the engine code anyway.. how did you get those code names by using blink codes with the cruise control buttons?

Being a Vmac III, with cruise control off you should be able to hold the set/Decel button for a few seconds to trigger the lightning bolt to flash out a 2 digit code. That 2 digit code would tell us what the problem is.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

When the first code is done flashing hit it again to request the next stored code. Don't recall if this works if the lightning bolt isn't lit, displaying there's an active code.

Edited by JoeH

• 3 weeks later...