yes winter finally got here.

B MACK

I also lost a jacket it wasn’t that rugged just this cool pretty warm jacket I bought years ago as you said it just vanished last time I wore it was around 20 years ago,,, and I have no idea what happened to it… bob

Holy crap I was glad to have my Ranger back today! Turns out the clutch problem was a bad spring clip on the connection where the line from the master plugs into the slave cylinder. Luckily, hadn't tossed the old one from when we swapped transmissions a few months ago.

Anyway, driving in to work today & making pretty good time, and in the blink of an eye the roads turned slicker than a greased pig. Truck just felt like it was floating and the back end started coming around. Pushed in the clutch and kept the front wheels aimed where I wanted to go and she came back to me...and then I slowed down. Salt shaker I'd passed a few miles back came hauling ass past me and almost sucked me around...again with the clutch to maintain control. He gets about 3/4 of a mile ahead of me and all of a sudden I'm looking at his driver's door, and I'm thinking he's going into the median. He used up every bit of pavement, but managed to save it...sort of...got a good look at his passenger door as he drifted back across 2 lanes to the right shoulder. Somehow, he gathered it up...and then slowed the f*** down. All I know is it would've been ugly if I'd been in the Suburban or Blazer...both automatics. I might've been able to keep sawing on the wheel until I got it under control again...but then I might not have. Last time I got out of sorts in the Suburban, I was fishtailing for over 3/4 of a mile before I was finally able to regain control.

Made it to work & spent the 1st 2 hours sliding around on the bobcat spreading salt with the bucket. Apparently, the farther north you went, the worse the roads got. A co-worker said his kid had gone about 20 miles farther up the road & turned around to go back home...had already seen 19 cars in the ditch and decided it wasn't worth trying to keep going north. Later in the day, I was heading up that way (temps higher, road thawed) and saw a recovery underway. Mail-hauler had exited the roadway through the ditch, side-swiped the tree line, and came to a stop out in a field. There was nothing left of the cab.

I'll take snow over this ice/freezing rain crap any day of the week.🤦‍♂️

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

I also lost a jacket it wasn’t that rugged just this cool pretty warm jacket I bought years ago as you said it just vanished last time I wore it was around 20 years ago,,, and I have no idea what happened to it… bob

I left a nice one in a booth in Lee-Hi Truck  Stop one time. I knew exactly where I left that one, no need to go looking for it. I'm sure somebody else wore it out of there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.