Extended warranty

Lots of items have been dropped from the extended warranty plans. We max out the extended warranty on the trucks here and things that used to be covered in our 2016 extended warranty plans are no longer covered in our 2021 plans. Sometimes the salesmen dont not go over the fine print  on the extend warranty. 

No, I already have that stuff.  The problem I'm having is certain "wear items" are not being covered.  A front wheel bearing failed at 50,000 miles and they won't cover it, but I'm still working on it. It shows under the Chassis 2 warranty that wheel bearings are covered.  The mechanics stated it was improperly installed and failed prematurely. 

On 12/5/2023 at 9:30 AM, Hook n ladder 1 said:

No, I already have that stuff.  The problem I'm having is certain "wear items" are not being covered.  A front wheel bearing failed at 50,000 miles and they won't cover it, but I'm still working on it. It shows under the Chassis 2 warranty that wheel bearings are covered.  The mechanics stated it was improperly installed and failed prematurely. 

Was this a Mack unitized hub OR jobber axle? just askin!

On 12/5/2023 at 7:26 AM, Mackpro said:

Lots of items have been dropped from the extended warranty plans. We max out the extended warranty on the trucks here and things that used to be covered in our 2016 extended warranty plans are no longer covered in our 2021 plans. Sometimes the salesmen dont not go over the fine print  on the extend warranty. 

Mack has done this for years long before the Volvo Trash people took over! The V8 started out with a three year warranty! every year after the first year they dropped the parts that were failing  fuel pumps/ turbos /most of the jobber parts were excluded from the warranty ! the main engine block and moving parts were all covered they couldn't wiggle out of those!🙄