Oil capacity

mackr74

If it's like the endt676 engines, then how many oil filters you have tells what size oil pan you should have. My one truck holds 14 gallons, but that one has the biggest oil pan/filter arrangement Mack made.one of my others is around 9 gallons I believe.

• Like 1

I may be "out in left field " with this ;hopefully someone will correct me.  1-the super large oil pans had a situation with hairline cracks developing in the casting . vaguely remember pulling down the tubs fining cracks near the middle reenforcing braces, 2- when the three oil filter set up FIRST  showed up , was not the rear filter an internal spin/scrapper filter unlike the other two ?, I know the scania had the spinner /scrapper filter. as stated before these forums get the dormant brain cells moving. 

1, stamped not cast; I couldn't say, my 79 has had thr sane pan forever. I have had a smaller pan crack pretty bad in a couple corners.

2; my 79 ESI+ has 3 filters, no spinner.  My late 70's early 80's ESI engines have 2 filters. My 1995 and 2003 ESI engines have the spinners