Looking for a set of 711 piston rings

SuperB

I know it's probably a long shot, but I'd be interested in buying a set of 353GC1569 Mack piston rings if anyone would happen to have them. They're for a 711 engine. Please message me if you can help. Thanks in advance

Try John Chalmers 717-334-8709 Cashtown PA. he is in your area is super knowledgeable and has a lot of hard to find parts he should know of anything in existence and if you need anything else from a 711 I have a parts engine for spares

If John Chalmers is not able to help, here is another possibility: When I overhauled my 673 engine, no "set" of piston rings could be found. The Mack service manual had specs on each of the ring sizes and types. I took that information to a Hastings website and ordered the rings individually to make my own set. The price was very reasonable, in fact it was a bargain. Like so many things you encounter with an old truck, you sometimes have to be creative to get the parts you need. They are usually out there somewhere. Might be worth a try.  Steve

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:30 PM, steve s. said:

If John Chalmers is not able to help, here is another possibility: When I overhauled my 673 engine, no "set" of piston rings could be found. The Mack service manual had specs on each of the ring sizes and types. I took that information to a Hastings website and ordered the rings individually to make my own set. The price was very reasonable, in fact it was a bargain. Like so many things you encounter with an old truck, you sometimes have to be creative to get the parts you need. They are usually out there somewhere. Might be worth a try.  Steve

Chalmers does not have them, so I will look into the Hastings option if I can get the specs on my particular ring set and an original set can't be found. I have one of the later TS442 manuals, I'll see if that info is in there. Thanks for the help