GMC FIRETRUCK

mechohaulic

i don't have much accurate info but want to pass this on. going to the brockway show saturday from CT =went I-84 to 17 W.  between mile marker 280 -279  (exit 87 ?) there is an open top long nose GMC fire truck parked with four sale sign. will try the interenet for idea of age etc. has 4-5  ,,  2in ? wide chrome radiator bars. came up quick on right side going west = heading back east i rmembered it ;; couldn't u-turn and stop for pictures or info. it is definitely different or i would post this. i know there are some fire truck buffs on here. just trying to pass on info.

update::  based on what pictures I could internet find the fire truck is 1953=1955  GMC 630 open top . one picture dated 3 yrs ago for a truck very similar in NY might be the one i saw. faded red with dept name on hood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h67st said:

Like this?

22751981284_544acb4080_b.jpg

I'd say you found what I was attempting to describe,  couldn't  say if the one in NY has a rear windshield set up as in picture. can't see entire truck way it is parked backed in . nose on  NY firetruck may look longer due to chrome nose not that shinny . faded red paint  and slight rusty nose chrome blend together more. still same style truck.

13 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Never saw one with a windshield for the tailboard riders. Very nice tho.    .....Hippy

and if you act NOW for only $19.95 plus 15K for shipping you could be the proud owner of one :::LOL . realistically  speaking I thought it was different looking. hopefully someone may be interested in it.