Direct drive dump pump

You need to check the spin direction of the PTO. If it's a PTO on the back of one of the counter shafts then I believe it spins opposite of typical pumps. You would need to talk to a hydraulic component retailer to check your pump on your setup.  Verifying direction of rotation is important. As is communicating it to the pump shop...

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:32 AM, Fastduramax said:

Anyone know if a direct drive C102 hydraulic pump will bolt up to a 12 speed Mack rear mount PTO or know of one that will ? These drive shaft driven units suck ass ! 

Good question.  Im casually on the lookout for something for a rear mount pto on a 6 speed.   I'll report back if I find something

17 hours ago, JoeH said:

You need to check the spin direction of the PTO. If it's a PTO on the back of one of the counter shafts then I believe it spins opposite of typical pumps. You would need to talk to a hydraulic component retailer to check your pump on your setup.  Verifying direction of rotation is important. As is communicating it to the pump shop...

On 5/25/2023 at 8:32 AM, Fastduramax said:

Anyone know if a direct drive C102 hydraulic pump will bolt up to a 12 speed Mack rear mount PTO or know of one that will ? These drive shaft driven units suck ass ! 

What’s don’t u like about it,had one for years with no issue?

4 minutes ago, MACKS said:

What’s don’t u like about it,had one for years with no issue?

Not trying to hyjack this post, but my personal beef with them is the extra space they take on an application that's space limited.   And the added moving part (driveshaft), which is kind of a moot point, but it's always nice to eliminate extra moving parts when possible

11 minutes ago, Full Floater said:

Not trying to hyjack this post, but my personal beef with them is the extra space they take on an application that's space limited.   And the added moving part (driveshaft), which is kind of a moot point, but it's always nice to eliminate extra moving parts when possible

Agree with every u say but my thinking is there is no such thing or I would have had it on my truck now or the 83 RD I had before this or at least heard about it..do let us know what u find out..

• Like 1

Floater is correct, any driveshaft and universal joints suck especially if not necessary... Gallion installed the original dump body on my truck and mounted the pump at to much of an angle, 2 years out of a set of universals and it vibrates like hell, so choices are refabrication or a "piggy back" pump, best choice is the latter IMO....

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, MACKS said:

Rear mount pto to remote pump is your only option,get it set up right keeping the drive shaft as short as possible,still way better than a side mount..

Thanks.

Curious as to what is better about the rear mount?  Is it a stronger or more reliable location to mount the PTO, rather then the side?

5 hours ago, Full Floater said:

Thanks.

Curious as to what is better about the rear mount?  Is it a stronger or more reliable location to mount the PTO, rather then the side?

With the rear mount u don’t have to put the Tran in gear with splitter In neutral ,it works in neutral and also when in gear your body will go up just as fast even if your in first gear,great for running out loads..

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

With the rear mount u don’t have to put the Tran in gear with splitter In neutral ,it works in neutral and also when in gear your body will go up just as fast even if your in first gear,great for running out loads..

Ah good to know!