NEW B

New B

New B posted a question in Mack Truck Q & A

Just purchased a 90 Mack R 688 10 speed Fuller. Started to adjust the clutch looking for the 1/2 in spacing between the bearing and the clutch brake. I see 2 ring spacer , I believe this was a one piece clutch brake at one time that someone neglected to remove. Then installed a new 2- piece clutch brake. Any thoughts and opinions. 
See Pic below            VERY NEW TO BIG TRUCKS

CLUTCH1.jpg

CLUTCH2.jpg

4 hours ago, New B said:

New B posted a question in Mack Truck Q & A

Just purchased a 90 Mack R 688 10 speed Fuller. Started to adjust the clutch looking for the 1/2 in spacing between the bearing and the clutch brake. I see 2 ring spacer , I believe this was a one piece clutch brake at one time that someone neglected to remove. Then installed a new 2- piece clutch brake. Any thoughts and opinions. 
See Pic below            VERY NEW TO BIG TRUCKS

CLUTCH1.jpg

CLUTCH2.jpg

I agree with what yo see there you need to get that out of there to get the clutch set right!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

and maybe learn the one with the grease gun  proper tech for greasing throw out bearing. why would some one  have two  on the shaft ???

Bro All the recent throw out bearings come with top and bottom nipples if that's what your talking about? That appears to be an easy pedal clutch its a bit hard to tell with out turning it a bit But its a pretty recent clutch! in my opinion he needs to rid the area of them two fiber plates! I am not a fan of them snap over brakes seen a few fall out or the tabs can break ! But that's me, I prefer the aluminum Eaton one ! That said You have to be real particular how you adjust the clutch brake with them real sensitive to how much pressure gets put on them!

• Like 1
  • Like 1