ECM Harness issue

Go to solution Solved by DoubleFrame,

Hey guys I hope to find some help here. I have a 2006 CV713 that is not starting. I have found that when I push down on the top harness plug on the ECM the truck starts right up. I’m trying to figure out which cable is bad, does anyone have a pin diagram for the ECM? The harness is on national back order! 

before you spend money...  you can unplug them and inspect for defects. If no defects are found, you can use a sewing needle, ( if you dont have a probe kit) to tighten the female terminals in the EECU plug..  Do not try to bend the male pins in the EECU.  This will also give you the oportunity to see if any of the terminals in the plug have loosened up and pushed back out of the way.. A magnifying glass and some patience are good tools to have for this..  jojo

OK,,  well one thing we used to do while ghost hunting was to make up a ground wire with a #12 or #10 wire and 2 eyelets and put one end under an EECU mounting nut, and ground it to the engine..  is the EECU mounted securely or is it loose and able to bounce or bang around?  if so, tighten it up..  I respect the fact that you want to find the bad ground.  You should check all the engine and cab grounds too. do you know where they are?  jojo

• Like 2

• Solution

I ran a ground cable from the top of the ECM mounting bolt to the frame and she starts right up. I believe I found the broken cable on the engine ground below the starter. I’m getting ready to fix that now and just need to buy a bigger connector because there are like 5 cables to that ground connection. Thank you for your help.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DoubleFrame said:

I ran a ground cable from the top of the ECM mounting bolt to the frame and she starts right up. I believe I found the broken cable on the engine ground below the starter. I’m getting ready to fix that now and just need to buy a bigger connector because there are like 5 cables to that ground connection. Thank you for your help.

I recommend you Take all the grounds off the block and polish up the eyelets through away the star washers and cinch it down tight!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

While you have the plugs off, check for signs of coolant or oil seepage. The coolant or oil sensors go bad and allow the wiring lining to be used as a hose. The coolant especially will react with the electricity and create kind of a electrolysis and corrode your male connector pins. Had this happened to me once.

• Like 1