6 speed countershaft cap gasket.

Full Floater

7 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It is amazing how little oil these transmissions take and much can bd stuck all over the outside and they are still almost full

Paul

I find it amazing how tough tranys can be period ! We had a fuller 15 sp come in with what looked to be  small leak ! We decided to change the oil on it after the repair there was left in the bottom one litre of oil! had been running all day ! Boss said put oil in see how it goes! Trucks still going as far as I know That said it was a spare truck so not in constant use! 

Yes it is amazing they hold together as well as they do considering the dodgy changes we all make at times

My god when the oils cold still the the odd change can be a bit sudden (understating that a lot) and I wonder just how that all holds together 

I remember lifting off on the Drummond range heading east into Emerald one hot summers day with maybe 95 tons, thats around 200,000lbs and we was wheel spinning and jumping a bit on the bitumen (black top) in deap reduction trying to get moving 

I learnt latter I had a broken bolt that holds the carrier bearing pivots in, I  reckon it must of been that start

Yet no damage to the box that I know of 

Paul 

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Yes it is amazing they hold together as well as they do considering the dodgy changes we all make at times

My god when the oils cold still the the odd change can be a bit sudden (understating that a lot) and I wonder just how that all holds together 

I remember lifting off on the Drummond range heading east into Emerald one hot summers day with maybe 95 tons, thats around 200,000lbs and we was wheel spinning and jumping a bit on the bitumen (black top) in deap reduction trying to get moving 

I learnt latter I had a broken bolt that holds the carrier bearing pivots in, I  reckon it must of been that start

Yet no damage to the box that I know of 

Paul 

When the mdrive  first came to us we had guys breaking ujoints left and right for abit  till they learned to drive them! We had the same guy break ujoints 5 times in the same climb trying to take a gear in the wrong spot on the hill!